Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm furious. How to stop being mad controlling and let go!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW,
    I've given up on dieting and just listen to my body now. My eating varies from day to day in terms of quantity and make up of the food. Somedays I eat VLC, some days, like yesterday, I eat a ton of carbs. On Sunday I barely ate anything. I think our bodies just need different supplies of food and keeping a strict diet in terms of calorie count and macros doesn't support that. I do stick to core primal foods.

I think we all got so fouled up on processed foods that kind of lie to us that we've forgotten how to trust ourselves. It's been a leap of faith for me to step away from calorie counting, but despite only being down a pound or two, I'm throwing out another batch of clothes as they are too big and feeling stronger and better than ever.

Someone once told me that food=fuel. I think to get to that mentality, you need to eliminate the food that lies to you (junk/processed). Then you need to stop the emotional aspect of certain healthy foods being "bad" or off limits. If you need a potato, you need a potato. If you need a banana, you need a banana. Then you need to accept that how much food you need may be more or less than you expected.

I had a great epiphany last night. 2 days in a row at CF were brutal. I pushed and did it. And last night I was CRAVING a cuban sandwich. So I ate it and it made me feel better. I needed a fast hit of carbs coupled with some fat and salt. Most of the time that is not what I need, but last night it replenished me from a drained feeling. Today I woke up wanting a protein shake and simpler foods. I'm not a bad person for eating a cuban sandwich, and there may have been better choices, but I gave my body what it asked for. My body doesn't always ask for that. But I feel topped off today and ready for more CF and craving clean, light foods.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Great post^.
      My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Comment

Working...
      X