No announcement yet.

Debunking the Paleo Diet...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nivanthe, your post is popular on here! Let's face it, when real people like us see real results, how can you doubt it?
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 58, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 180
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

Comment

Originally posted by sauerKraut View Post
      I actually enjoyed the video. She's not "debunking" anything, and the whole speech is confusing and does not get to the point. BUT the part where she shows how plants that we eat today were non existent in the paleolithic and that were basically "domesticated" and created by us, blew my mind. I did not know that actually. The "Paleosphere" has you thinking that our ancestors were eating nothing but kale, spinach and broccoli...
      Yep, I liked that part too. Lends yet more credence to a meat centered diet.

Comment

Recipe?

I just made a fantastic fermented jalapeno cornbread out of masa harina and hominy.

Please share your recipe - it sounds delicious! (Though I'm English so you might need to explain 'hominy'!)

Comment

Originally posted by Nivanthe View Post
          I don't really care who ate what back then, I just know I feel better when sandwiches and pasta aren't the focus of my diet.
          +4 - Mark could have called it the "Stop eating bullshit" blueprint and I'd have found it during my search that day. And it would have made sense.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
            +4 - Mark could have called it the "Stop eating bullshit" blueprint and I'd have found it during my search that day. And it would have made sense.

quite, sometimes labelling is not helpful

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              Not quite. The problem I see is that there is too little focus on the other aspects of the blueprint, i.e. physical activity, sleep, social environment, etc.

The "paleosphere" is indeed full of fantasies about the past, which is a reflection of a sad intellectual state in general. But like with many other topics, it depends on whom you talk to, etc. I don't understand why we should focus some much on the world paleo, when it can be just mentioned as a side comment: paleolithic people did not try to exploit their environment beyond natural capacity and owed their (more or less assumed) good health from that simple "respect" for the balance of their ecological niche, even though I doubt they thought along these terms. So the unfortunate side effect of the prefix "paleo" tends to hide some basic straightforward aspect of what the PB is about: stop eating toxic shit all day long, move your butt outdoor, take it easy and have fun with the people you live with. There is nothing strictly paleo about that last statement.

Comment

Working...
              X