Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You should fast after working out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmXLqmqBzeU

But remember, when it's time to break your fast, SPIKE YOUR FUCKING INSULIN!

Last edited by Drumroll; 06-23-2013, 01:01 PM. Reason: Copy and paste fail. =\
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Somehow this feels irrelevant to topic title. Love MM3 though.
    Make America Great Again

Comment

Huh? Lol.
      My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Comment

Ah dammit, I think the copy/paste failed. Lemme edit it. ROFL.
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

There we go, fixed.

Comment

Saw Hodge Twins, stopped watching immediately haha

Comment

Originally posted by jakejoh10 View Post
              Saw Hodge Twins, stopped watching immediately haha
              You're just a hater.

Comment

Anymore links to info on this? Been IF'ing for a while now, but I always eat 20 - 30 minutes afterwards. Would love to read more into that.

Comment

I seriously dont understand why people watch them dudes for actual advice. They are funny but know absolutely nothing and have mediocre physiques for lifting for years and being on roids.

Comment

Originally posted by tarek View Post
                    Anymore links to info on this? Been IF'ing for a while now, but I always eat 20 - 30 minutes afterwards. Would love to read more into that.
                    Post Workout Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple

They're a bit comical with their shtick, but they ain't just talkin' outta their ass either.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                      I seriously dont understand why people watch them dudes for actual advice. They are funny but know absolutely nothing and have mediocre physiques for lifting for years and being on roids.
                      Man, they've done like a bajillion videos on 'roid avoidance. Bad shit, mmmmmk?

[Wait, I think i just explained their "mediocre physiques." ]

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                        Post Workout Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple

They're a bit comical with their shtick, but they ain't just talkin' outta their ass either.
                        I'm happy with anything that dispels the ridiculous post-workout, 30 minute anabolic window BS. The reality is that protein synthesis is elevated for a fairly extended period of time post-workout, so I don't think it makes much of a difference whether you eat or not, assuming calorie and macronutrient goals are hit over the entire day.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejoh10 View Post
                          I'm happy with anything that dispels the ridiculous post-workout, 30 minute anabolic window BS. The reality is that protein synthesis is elevated for a fairly extended period of time post-workout, so I don't think it makes much of a difference whether you eat or not, assuming calorie and macronutrient goals are hit over the entire day.
                          Yep. All those folks with their "scientifically formulated post-workout" protein shakes make me laugh. Come on, go home and cook something REAL like a steak if you want some protein.

Oh wait, "30-minute anabolic window," of course, duh.

Comment

I dont care about the post workout window, although there is a fair bit of science to back up at least a few positives to eating within an hour after strength training. You will never get as a good of results training fasted though, at least as far as strength and hypertrophy is concerned. Fat loss and metcon work though is a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                              Yep. All those folks with their "scientifically formulated post-workout" protein shakes make me laugh. Come on, go home and cook something REAL like a steak if you want some protein.

Oh wait, "30-minute anabolic window," of course, duh.
                              Yeah, you can't cook a steak in 30 minutes, so buy my super secret post-workout formula that will make you huge in a week, only $129.99!

Comment

Working...
                              X