• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a fan of store bought juices:
    -Pasteurised which reduces nutrients
    -Not fresh
    -Possible crap additives
    -Low nutrient to calorie ratio

If its 100% freshly squeezed then I would say go ahead, but I don't think freshly squeezed is always that available.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
      Okay, I'm not good at reading stuff like that. But basically, it told me that my choice to continue drinking orange juice is a good idea.
      Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
        Ok, I'm not scientist, but just how on earth do they get someone to drink 300 calories of water? From the study....

"Equicaloric amounts of orange juice or water did not induce a change in any of these indexes."

Hehee.... I know I'm just nitpicking, but you really think that they would be more careful with their wording. Being all sciency and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          Ok, I'm not scientist, but just how on earth do they get someone to drink 300 calories of water? From the study....

"Equicaloric amounts of orange juice or water did not induce a change in any of these indexes."

Hehee.... I know I'm just nitpicking, but you really think that they would be more careful with their wording. Being all sciency and stuff
          Haha nice catch. I did see somewhere that they slipped in something about "obviously this means fiber is beneficial" but nowhere else was fiber mentioned. And really, the amount of fiber in OJ is totally negligible.
          Depression Lies

Comment

Either way, it's good to know that processed fruit juice is about as pro-inflammatory as water.

Comment

Personally, when I want orange juice I take an orange and juice it with my thumbs. Of course, I don't get much orange juice. But since I use it to flavor my smoothies, that's okay.
              Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Fresh pressed OJ mixed with grapefruit juice and Diet Coke for the win! Lot's of ice ofcourse...
                "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                  Fresh pressed OJ mixed with grapefruit juice and Diet Coke for the win! Lot's of ice ofcourse...
                  You and your diet coke... -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  ------
                  HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                    You and your diet coke... -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Regular coke isn't sweet enough for him

Gorbag: add sarcosine to normal coke, waaaay sweeter than diet coke, serious.
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                      Regular coke isn't sweet enough for him

Gorbag: add sarcosine to normal coke, waaaay sweeter than diet coke, serious.
                      Hey, thanks for the advice! I only use regular coke when I am glycogen depleted and before a heavy workout. I then heat it after shaking out the gas, and add Nescafe, honey, dark molasses or syrup and one gram of powdered aspirin! That's sweet enough for me, so I have to rinse my mouth with cold water between the sips. Even makes my hair rise on my head when drinking it!!!
                      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                      X