Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What CAN I drink, for crying out loud? (is FRESH organge juice OK?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What CAN I drink, for crying out loud? (is FRESH organge juice OK?)

If I look at the refrigerator of any store it seems I can't drink anything but water. I love water but comon, there must be something else. Sodas - out, diet sodas - out, milky things out, juices - out, energy drinks - out.

What CAN I drink, for crying out loud?

How about FRESH fruit juices? I feel like they are packed with sugars, even if they are freshly squeezed.

What FRESH juices are ok? Apple? Carrot? Orange?

Coffee and tea of all kinds (black, green, herbal).

But really you can drink whatever you want. I think fresh-squeezed fruit juice is fine in moderation and on occasion, especially if your goal isn't to lose weight. And I drank raw milk when I used to have a supplier.

Comment

you might find this thread useful. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread85794.html
      when i get desperate i dilute the juice of a fresh squeezed orange with twice the volume of iced water - i put the pulp in there too as i like the bits
      When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
      27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
      new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Right now in my fridge I have a lemongrass green tea, a hibiscus herbal tea, and a cucumber tarragon infusion thing. All homemade- I haven't found anything in a bottle that I like.
        “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
        Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

The problem is that I travel. I can't make home made and they don't sell here no sugar no junk brands of tea or coconut water. I'm in Cyprus at the moment...

So tea, that's it? Pretty depressing.

Comment

I'll check that thread, thanks

Comment

Fresh orange juice is literally a superfood. Check it on nutriantdata.com, its loaded with vitamins and has a bit if minerals as well. Also milk is awesome, why not drink it?

Comment

I'm a big fan of mineral water (particularly Gerolsteiner).
                My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82833.html

Comment

My biggest problem with the OJ in bottles on store shelves is that most of it is so sweet it's undrinkable unless I cut it by half with water.
                  It's disgusting. Like they concentrate it then don't fully reconstitute it all the way.
                  It just does not taste equal to the sweetness of eating the actual fruit IMO.
                  Bleh.

But I feel that way about all fruit juices and have since childhood.
                  I have never drank a fruit juice that I didn't need mix by equal volume with plain water to make it palatable.
                  I don't bother anymore... If I'm going to have fruit I eat a piece of actual fruit and just drink water with maybe a squeeze of lime. It tastes fine to me.
                  At home I get fancy and add a ginger juice concentrate I make myself sometimes.
                  When out. Water, or water with lime is always fine.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Zach, what orange juice do you drink?

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                      My biggest problem with the OJ in bottles on store shelves is that most of it is so sweet it's undrinkable unless I cut it by half with water.
                      It's disgusting. Like they concentrate it then don't fully reconstitute it all the way.
                      It just does not taste equal to the sweetness of eating the actual fruit IMO.
                      Bleh.
                      I agree fruit juice is always sub-par compared to eating the actual fruit to me...even if you like fruit juice you should squeeze your own from the fruit itself to get anything that tastes halfway decent...the already squeezed stuff from the store is garbage to me.

Comment

Seltzer
                        Coconut water (LOVE Zico dark chocolate!)
                        Orange juice or any 100% pure juice, like apple cider or carrot/apple
                        Add lemon/lime to water or seltzer
                        Iced tea in a zillion varieties
                        Iced coffee
                        Milk, if you tolerate it (raw is best)
                        Mexican Coke and Sprite etc. is made with regular sugar if that's your thing once in a while.
                        | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Just drink water. Its really not that bad.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of fresh squeezed orange juice. I also love having fresh iced tea...yum. Plain or with a little bit of honey. Iced coffee is also fantastic, that's a super treat with honey and heavy whipping cream.

I think your best best while you're on the road is flavored sparkling waters - they're soda-like if you dig the fizz, and easy to find. I don't know about Cyprus in particular but bottled sparkling waters and seltzers are commonplace all over, no?
                            Last edited by little vase; 06-23-2013, 08:29 PM.
                            be the hair that knots with my hair
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

you realize you can drink whatever you want, right?

but here

50 Awesome Flavored Water Recipes | 52 Kitchen Adventures

it can be applied to tea as well
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X