Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What CAN I drink, for crying out loud? (is FRESH organge juice OK?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a soda stream - the little machine thingy that carbonates water, so we drink a lot of carbonated water (we never add the sweetener) for something other then just plain old water. Something else good is regular 100% fruit juice mixed 50/50 with the carbonated water. It's not nearly as sweet (honestly 100% fruit juice is way too sweet for me anyway) and the carbonation really adds something to it! It's definitely not an "all the time" thing, but even a small glass of that once a day wouldn't be too bad.

Comment

NOTHING beats a refreshing huge bottle of still, mountain water ahhh.

Comment

I actually think that unflavored Pellegrino is better than plain water. But it was a close race.
        "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

has anyone tried the zevia sodas? there made with natural ingrediants ans stevia as the sweetner. I have thought about it but it is kinda pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by phigment View Post
            has anyone tried the zevia sodas? there made with natural ingrediants and stevia as the sweetner. I have thought about it but it is kinda pricey.
            They are made with a chemical processed out of stevia, and in the US "natural flavor" (the label on the flavor I looked had no natural ingredients, only flavoring) just means that the chemical was refined out of a product when it existed in nature- it can be the exact same thing as a "flavor" and in fact often the flavor is environmentally friendlier because it can be synthesized with less waste byproducts than the "natural flavor".

The OP made me think of that story where the meditation student is bored with breathing. The master holds his head under water and then asks if breathing is still boring. My great great great grandmother was sent by train out of a famine area to an orphanage and never saw her family again. Starving to death, I doubt she looked at the wheel grease on the train and was sad there wasn't a chemist around to make it a brightly colored sports drink... She probably just wanted actual food.
            “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
            Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Originally posted by phigment View Post
              has anyone tried the zevia sodas? there made with natural ingrediants ans stevia as the sweetner. I have thought about it but it is kinda pricey.
              They taste horrible.

Comment

Wifey and I have had Zevia before and we've enjoyed them.

Now that she's preggers, they don't sit well with her.
                A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Zevia is horrible, IMO. It tastes like carbonated stevia, there's not nearly enough flavor to balance it.
                  | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

I used to drink orange juice; 2 glasses at a time for the extra vitamin C. I didn't know then its literally a glass of sugar. If you want vitamin C; eat a strawberry.

Comment

No one has said Kombucha yet! It's fizzy, good for your digestive system (probiotic), and can be flavored with fruits, ginger, and other herbs. It's expensive in the store, but cheap and pretty easy to make (or, at least it is for my husband, who makes it).

Comment

Water, coffee, green tea and when I want something fizzy, sparkling water.

On the weekends however, a few vodka-tonics are often in order. And I have been known to have the occasional beer.

I try avoid anything artificially sweetened, colored or processed.
                        Randal
                        AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                        Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                        http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with having fresh squeezed juice occasionally. I just prefer not to drink my calories.

Comment

Tomato or V8 juice in cans is usually in any refrigerator case of any gas bar in North America. Or club soda/soda water or mineral water. At a coffee shop, a latte with no sugar/sweetener or an iced coffee with no sugar/sweetener (if you do dairy).

Comment

I drink a lot of water (the water here is very good). Sometimes I'll cut up limes or lemons and put them into the water for some flavoring. Coffee, both hot and iced is good too. Tea can be warm or chilled. I'll do OJ once in a while, I just cut it with water (if I use 1/4 cup of OJ I'll add 1 cup water). I keep some drink mixes in my work vehicle so if I have to drink water that isn't too good I'll put a tiny bit of mix in there (generic Mio) to flavor it.

But it's only a drink, don't over think it. Just be aware that it's very easy to drink too many calories.

Comment

Two packets True Lemon, one packet Stevia, one 16 oz bottled water.
                                Or, a packet of Stevia and a teabag in a 16 oz bottled water. Leave it overnight.

If you're stuck traveling and you truly have to buy a bottle of something from the store, then alternate between water and Diet Coke, call it part of the 20%, and quit worrying about it.
                                5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Working...
                                X