Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

people who eat wheat seem to be doing fine!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we know enough to make "no wheat" the default public policy. Add wheat at your own risk the mantra.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejoh10 View Post
      Which is why I think it's ridiculous. To make a statement like that with nothing to back it up is scaremongering, and it's not acceptable to make such an unsubstantiated comparison.
      Which was totally the position of the tobacco industry 50 years ago.

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      I think we know enough to make "no wheat" the default public policy. Add wheat at your own risk the mantra.
      Yup.

There's a lot to be said for the 'herd mentality' as a shortcut for wise default behaviours. But in this case the herd is wrong.
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by sauerKraut View Post
        Seriously, some of you wheat-o-phobic should spend a few days in Paris and pay attention at how much "wheat" they eat and yet are able to walk just fine wirhout crawling from the stomach pain.
        Before anyone answers "yeah but the baguette is nothing like that processed crap we have in america" = you are proving my point.
        What a bunch of whiners we wheat-o-phobes are! We people who eat wheat and claim to be sick for weeks are just making it up to annoy you, because clearly the fact that 100% of Parisians don't have gluten intolerance is proof it doesn't exist and is a figment of our imaginations.

We should just shut up and eat the gluten, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post

We should just shut up and eat the gluten, eh?
          I would settle for you just shutting up personally.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
            I would settle for you just shutting up personally.
            I know it bothers you that there are people who exist that are clear proof that your agenda is false.

Comment

What agenda? I'm not getting paid by anyone. I just want you to shut up, that's all. Some things are that black and white.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                What agenda? I'm not getting paid by anyone. I just want you to shut up, that's all. Some things are that black and white.
                Who got sand in Derp's vagina?
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                  Which was totally the position of the tobacco industry 50 years ago.
                  I will gladly give you all a round of applause and admit I was wrong when grains are proven to be comparable to cigarettes, but for now, I'm going to stand by my opinion that that comparison is utterly absurd.

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                  I know it bothers you that there are people who exist that are clear proof that your agenda is false.
                  But wait, there are people who eat grains all the time that are perfectly healthy. By your logic, that should disprove your "agenda", right? What gives? Do we just ignore the fact that some people eat grains with no problems at all? I don't think that's the most intellectually honest thing to do, in my opinion.
                  My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
                    With the diabetes trials no. If you're talking about the Ornish heart disease trial then yes, but what's that got to do whether they ate a lot of whole grains or not?
                    Just everything.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      As far as butter's concerned, did you see the recent re-evaluation of the Sydney study? I'd say that is as conclusive that butter is protective as Esselstyn's grains trials. Nobody in their right mind thinks smoking prevents heart disease.
                      The study that showed polyunsaturated margarine's are bad for you? I wouldn't disagree with that at all.
                      How on earth does that show butter is protective. Show me a study where people reversed heart disease by being encouraged to eat butter.

Comment

You're seriously comparing wheat to cigarettes? Goodness, this is too much.
                        I think the point he tried to make (and the way I read it) is that someone can look/feel as if a certain thing they do/eat does not have negative effects on them, but it may be doing unnoticed/unseen damage.

Most young smokers seem to look/feel fine and notice no real issues in everyday life connected with their smoking – so their response may be: Smoking doesn't seem to cause me any issues.

Is it comparable in health issues – that’s another argument.

I don't want to be "that guy" who argues with everyone (seemingly this is what's happening in another thread), but this is borderline crazy talk.
                        If one has strong opinions on opinionated forums then it’s going to keep happening

Comment

Originally posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
                          Most young smokers seem to look/feel fine and notice no real issues in everyday life connected with their smoking – so their response may be: Smoking doesn't seem to cause me any issues.

Is it comparable in health issues – that’s another argument.
                          I see where he's coming from in a sense, but I still don't feel that the comparison is warranted. Again, just my opinion

If one has strong opinions on opinionated forums then it’s going to keep happening
                          Yeah, I understand that. I try to stay neutral as far as emotions go, and I'm interested in learning as much as I can. I hope I haven't rubbed anyone the wrong way, I just like to debate controversial issues lol
                          My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Comment

I never said that was the sole reason or even a major reason.
                            OK

It was the fact they were able to reverse heart disease on a diet that emphasized whole grains.
                            Yes I think positive results would come if all the other stuff is done too.

I'd sure like to see a successful heart disease reversal study that emphasizes smoking or butter consumption.
                            Smoking study for health improvements? – no, not interested

Butter consumption – in cakes & biscuits etc (they way westerners typically consume it) isn’t going to help IMO.

Butter consumption with real foods – yes that study would be interesting.

Comment

The real question is ......

Do we really need two concurrent wheat threads running?

Comment

I love how anything about wheat or veganism is a gauranteed fiery response...

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                                The real question is ......

Do we really need two concurrent wheat threads running?
                                At least it's not CICO!
                                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X