Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

people who eat wheat seem to be doing fine!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problems eating wheat - except that it makes me eat more of it and cakes and biscuits and ...

My father had no problems eating wheat - no digestive issues, no gut problems and no weight issues, healthy heart, fit and active - right up to the point where he was diagnosed with Alzhiemer's at 90. Why do I think that was down to wheat? Because when we took wheat out of his diet, he immmediately improved. Does it matter at 90? I suppose it depends how fit you are. Given that my father was still doing his daily exercises - pushups, sit-ups etc, despite having a pacemaker, then yes, he's a failing brain trapped in a physically able body. If it wasn't for the Alzheimer's I feel sure hwe would have sailed on to his 100th birthday just as mentally and physically active. Even with the Alzheimer's at 93 he's far more active and healthy than most who reach ihis age.

Personally, I'll happily give up crusty loaves, pastries, pies, cakes etc to maximise my chances of going out at a level of fitness and health that leaves me able to live my own life independently and avoid the hell of confusion and missing memories that is dementia.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Comment

I love wheat. "Shrugs"

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
        Nocebo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wheat is junk, mostly, but I have a hard time believing everyone that claims revelations upon ceasing consumption of wheat. I still eat pizza and pancakes every so often with no problems whatsoever.
        Are you trying to state that every one here with their personal anecdotes have been ingesting a harmless substance (wheat) for years and their suffering has been from a "nocebo" effect?

I value the opposing opinion to most of the MDA mantra that you provide derp, it helps alot of people who fall through the cracks on these boards.

But it is real disappointment to me that your opinion has to come with such arrogance.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
        A little primal gem - My Success Story
        Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Comment

Yeah... my autoimmune disease, that science didn't even classify as autoimmune until years after my diagnosis due to further research, is totally nocebo...
          And the second autoimmune disease that I got as a result of not knowing that the first one was autoimmune and being able to change my diet in accordance... also nocebo.
          And the fact that many of my disease symptoms were alleviated after significantly changing my diet but before I had all of the above information... 100% coincidence.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I never thought I had any problems with wheat either but after so long without and a little bun last night, I had to run to the bathroom this morning.

Comment

The younger peeps on here need to refer to us older folks about this....we are what you are looking forward too if you don't pay attention now.

Comment

Because only a small minority are intolerant to wheat. I also know people who consume nuts, eggs and milk without crumbling to ill health.

Comment

Wheat eaters likely have an increase in small dense (dangerous) LDL particles; and a lower HDL. They likely also have more triglycerides in their blood. Higher insulin and blood glucose. You can survive on wheat but not thrive.

Comment

It's birdseed. They want you to think birdseed is food so they can sell more roundup to farmers, so they can sell more antacids to you, so you can get real sick in your old age and they can make tons of money off your illnesses then and so you'll die sooner so they don't have to give you so much social security.
                    I work here in a hospital. What you say is the truth.
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
                      Are you trying to state that every one here with their personal anecdotes have been ingesting a harmless substance (wheat) for years and their suffering has been from a "nocebo" effect?

I value the opposing opinion to most of the MDA mantra that you provide derp, it helps alot of people who fall through the cracks on these boards.

But it is real disappointment to me that your opinion has to come with such arrogance.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                      The people on here are a small minority, who claim to have such intense symptoms from nearly anything not primal. Forgive my skepticism.

Because only a small minority are intolerant to wheat. I also know people who consume nuts, eggs and milk without crumbling to ill health.
                      Yes, this. I don't doubt people feel better not eating wheat, but I do doubt that everyone has a horrible intolerance to it as claimed.
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

You see the exact same thing in other diet forums. Paleo's that claim all dairy is terrible and giving it up made them feel the best they ever felt. Vegans claiming eggs make them ill, Low fatters claiming a bit of oil makes there blood to coagulate, raw fooders claiming cooked foods caused them to have a miscarriage, low carbers who feel suicidal after eating an apple, etc. The main problem with wheat is the fact that 99% of products which list wheat as the main ingredient are utter junk which are both low quality and contain countless other junk.
                        Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 06-22-2013, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
                          You see the exact same thing in other diet forums. Paleo's that claim all dairy is terrible and giving it up made them feel the best they ever felt. Vegans claiming eggs make them ill, Low fatters claiming a bit of oil makes there blood to coagulate, raw fooders claiming cooked foods caused them to have a miscarriage, low carbers who feel suicidal after eating an apple, etc. The main problem with wheat is the fact that 99% of products which list wheat as the main ingredient are utter junk which are both low quality and contain countless other junk.
                          LOL

You've completely missed it.
                          If a vegan claims eggs make them ill because they feel bad about how chickens are treated that's one thing, and if a VLC or person with some sort of eating disorder who isn't even VLC has guilt over eating fruit that's another issue too... we have that on this forum BTW. We even have a few orthorexics that sweat eating some fish and other natural foods because of "OMG" teh PUFAs too!

But we also have people who are lactose or casein intolerant, nightshade intolerant, egg protein intolerant, people who are sensitive to certain oils like cottonseed or artificial ingredients like Red dye No. 5.
                          They know these things from experience and long drawn out elimination diets, not quick guesses and assumptions.

These things can cause people to end up in emergency rooms with allergic reactions, why not make them sick?
                          I have reactions to several prescribed drugs ranging from some general illness symptoms and hives to full on anaphylaxis.
                          It's a range of reactions. However with consistent exposure to the drugs I'm only having a mild reaction to my doctor says I could have an anaphylactic reaction in the future. With each exposure the reaction worsens.

Hell, I'm lactose intolerant... became so as an adult in my late teens to early 20's and it was a HUGE relief to figure out that stopping dairy was the best thing for me. It was literally making me sick.
                          I just wish I had known the same thing was true about wheat given what it was doing to my body at the time completely unknown to me. I'll be paying for the for the rest of my life.
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I suffer from psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. About 20 years ago I went to a rheumatologist who had practiced in a lot of the South Pacific nations (as a lot of Australian doctors tend to do in their 'formative' years ). He said that rheumatoid arthritis is very uncommon among the less Westernised islanders and puts it down to their diet of fish, fruit, traditional vegetables and rice. My arthritis now at age 64 is almost insignificant compared to what it was when I was 44 and went to see the guy. Apart from a very very occasional McDonalds I don't eat wheat.

Comment

There are people that smoke a pack a day and eat lots of processed food and they look like they are doing fine as well. That doesn't mean its the most healthful option. Sometimes it takes a while for it catch up with your health.

Comment

Maybe there are a few people out there who are truly "fine" and have no problems or health issues whatsoever, but that is not the case for many of us in the general population.

Most of us have issues, and health problems of varying intensity levels. Most people just do not attribute these issues to wheat, whole grains, fruit juices etc.

A good example is the elderly people. They have a built in excuse: "I guess I am getting old". Well maybe it isn't that. Maybe there are other factors at play that affect those weakened bones, those inflammed joints, the poor memory lapses etc.

Further examination reveals that the changes to the most fundamental resources humans have access to: water, food, air quality, medications......if all these things can be tainted or manipulated but without the majority of the population really knowing how much adulteration is happening to these most basic resources, then the people cannot attribute these things as the cause of human woes.

Comment

Working...
                                X