Canola Oil as part of 80/20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canola Oil as part of 80/20

Just a quick question I have for you all, and I think I already know the answer. I follow the Primal lifestyle diet almost 100% of the time, and was wondering what you think about allowing myself to have some food that has canola oil as an added ingredient. There is really only one thing I eat which is like that, and its the earthbalance coconut spread, which is DELICIOUS! It's the fourth ingredient after coconut oil and palm oil, and its non GMO. I eat a good deal of fish, so I'm getting my Omega-3s. I assume I shouldn't worry the slight bit of canola oil, right?

Eat it if you want, but I bet you can make your own much tastier spread without rancid seed oil. I guarantee the canola is not what makes it delicious, just cheaper to mass produce. Don't make it a staple. Don't stress if you tend to stress.

I wouldn't give my money to Earth Balance, in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by peppermint View Post
      Eat it if you want, but I bet you can make your own much tastier spread without rancid seed oil. I guarantee the canola is not what makes it delicious, just cheaper to mass produce. Don't make it a staple. Don't stress if you tend to stress.

I wouldn't give my money to Earth Balance, in any case.
      /thread
      The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Have you tried actual coconut oil?
        Depression Lies

Comment

Also look for Let's Do Organic coconut cream. Single ingredient and less expensive to boot.
          37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Originally posted by picklepete View Post
            Also look for Let's Do Organic coconut cream. Single ingredient and less expensive to boot.
            Yeah, but can't you make that stuff yourself in a food processor with coconut oil and shredded coconut?
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Please watch this:

How It's Made - Canola Oil - YouTube

After that you will not even have to ask the question because you will be so grossed out.

Solvents! Yummy!

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                Please watch this:

How It's Made - Canola Oil - YouTube

After that you will not even have to ask the question because you will be so grossed out.

Solvents! Yummy!
                PB, could you please pass the hexane?
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Yea, I figured these would be the responses I'd get. I certainly don't make it a staple, and I use coconut oil/manna for almost everything else. This stuff just has a unique taste to it and is pretty tasty, imo. I suppose I could make my own though- didn't really consider that before.

Comment

Working...
                  X