Coffee and Coconut Oil??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee and Coconut Oil??

Okay, so I've been reading a lot of posts and when people talk about their coffee a lot of them mention adding coconut oil to it. What does this do to the coffee? doesn't the consistency get strange? Anyone who has tried it care to give their opinion? I'm really curious about this!

I put coconut oil in my coffee every morning. (1 cup) Luv Luv Luv it. I've really don't even like to drink coffee any more without it. I use about 1/2 teaspoon + to one cup. Consistency is about the same just alittle bit oily, makes your lips feel good IMO. LOL!

Comment

Though I like butter a little bit more, 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil to a 12 oz mug of espresso is yummy. I blend it in the blender. It only gets a little oily if I let the coffee get cold.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

It's much better blended, as in using a blender. Adds flavor and froth.

The fat will keep me full until afternoon. So it's also my breakfast.

Comment

I have butter AND coconut oil. Blend/whisk it. While hot it just tastes creamy, but will get a bit of an oil-slick if you let it get cooler ....

Comment

Thanks! this is great info!

Comment

My usual breakfast

1/8 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk (to soakup the gelatin while coffee brews)
              2-4 tbs gelatin (gelatin makes it very frothy)
              2 tbs kerrygold butter
              2 tbs coconut oil
              2-4 squares 90% dark caco bar
              12-16 oz coffee
              3-4 packets stevia to offset the salted butter (wish I could source unsalted Kerrygold in AK)
              blender it until caco is melted, about 30 seconds

This tides me over for 5-6 hours and then its not the MUST EAT NOW hunger like I use to get on CW.
              Last edited by kot; 06-20-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kot View Post
                My usual breakfast

1/8 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk (to soakup the gelatin while coffee brews)
                2 tbs kerrygold butter
                2 tbs coconut oil
                12-16 oz coffee
                3-4 packets stevia to offset the salted butter (wish I could source unsalted Kerrygold in AK)

This tides me over for 5-6 hours and then its not the MUST EAT NOW hunger like I use to get on CW.
                I'm trying this! Gelatin in coffee. How perfect. I've been wanting to incorporate gelatin somewhere. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Coconut milk for me. Just makes more sense and tastes better. And I don't have a magic bullet or time to clean a blender every day.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                    I'm trying this! Gelatin in coffee. How perfect. I've been wanting to incorporate gelatin somewhere. Thanks for sharing.
                    Gelatin is an incomplete protein, you need to consume eggs etc with it to make it complete.

Comment

Originally posted by kot View Post
                      My usual breakfast

2 tbs kerrygold butter
                      2 tbs coconut oil
                      12-16 oz coffee

You don't have access to any other organic unsalted butters?

Comment

Very interesting breakfast, kot! I should try it too.
                        I have used coconut milk in coffee. Tastes good, diferent than usual milk or cream, but good. And just once I put butter in my coffee (when had no other choice). I liked it, simply had not done it more. The conservative me sticks to the coffee recipe my granny used: coffee, chickory, cream!

Comment

Working...
                        X