Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schnitzel - Would you do it?

Lets say you're in Vienna.

And lets say that Schnitzel used to be your favorite food, but you didn't eat it in months.

And lets say that you're standing in front of a restaurant and the book guide is telling you that it servers the "original" Wiener Schnitzel, since 1905, and that it is considered "the best Schnitzel in the world".

Would you do it?

Yes, especially if you're on vacation. I can't even bring myself to eat wheat anymore, but I think I could manage an exception if I were on vacation in Vienna.

My journal

Comment

Hell yeah I would (20% is perfect for travel), I loved this stuff growing up. My dad was stationed in Germany before I was born and this meal came home with him.

Just don't rent a place above the restaurant and end up eating it everyday.

Comment

Yes, because I'm not celiac and gluten doesn't cause me severe problem. That's definitely worth it and it's what 80/20 rule is for.
        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
        iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

Comment

Hell yes. I went to Italy last year and ate pizza in every major city. It was my dietary goal to try Italian pizza, at a good joint, in every major city I've been. Dangerous as it was, I lived to tell the tale.

Comment

I made the bargain with myself when I started primal, that trying regional specials when on holiday would be the exception - so yes, I would absolutely go for it!

Comment

No. It's not worth getting sick over. I can and have made it at home.

Comment

Yes. If it's not an "if I eat this, I'll puke" issue, why not? Life is meant to be enjoyed.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

No, wheat is totally a no-no. I don't want trouble especially when travel it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Comment

Originally posted by piggy View Post
                    No, wheat is totally a no-no. I don't want trouble especially when traveling

Sent from my Nexus 4
                    Correction

Sent from my Nexus 4

Comment

You're on vacation. Unless you've got celiac or gluten intolerance, go for it.
                      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Totally yes! Eating local specialties is one of the best parts of travel.

I have a wonderful schnitzel house less than half an hour from here, run by an Austrian. I use it for my 20% on occasion - my fave is the liver schnitzel - what a great way to get your offal!!

Comment

I would try it. I would probably go in the restaurant and see if there was anything that sounded better to me though. I don't even know what Schnitzel is.
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Hell yeah, you could get knocked down by a bus tomorrow, life's too short so if you want something badly go ahead, just don't make it a regular habit !

Comment

No, wheat is not worth it for me. I would enjoy the next few days of my holiday less because of the energy and mood-drop.

Wheat is the one no-no when travelling. I've already decided that dairy-free rules will be nixed when travelling- no serious effects for me (just acne and post-nasal drip), especially when I'm relaxed as one usually is on holidays.

Comment

Working...
                              X