Peeled plum tomatoes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peeled plum tomatoes

Torent Italian peeled plum tomatoes in a 400g can.

Ingredients:
    Tomatoes (60%), Tomato juice, acidity regulator, citric acid.
    Per 1/2 can serving.

Kcal. 47g
    Protein. 2.4g
    Carbohydrate. 7.2g
    Of which sugars. 7.2g
    Fat. 1.0g
    Saturates. Trace
    Fibre. 0.6g
    Sodium. Trace
    Salt. Trace

Would this be a let down for primal or acceptable. Bearing in mind it would be two-three servings and the juice would be drained away.

Thoughts please.
    Ps I've got another couple of questions like this so I hope I'm posting in the correct place and not annoying anyone. Thanks.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

I don't know what "acidity regulator" is, but that seems pretty reasonable to me. I don't think you need to worry about the macro nutrient breakdown very much (protein carbs etc.) when it comes to packaged foods, just the ingredients. If you can find something with just tomatoes and citric acid, that would be best, but I don't use canned tomatoes very much so I'm not sure if that is something that is available.
    Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      I don't know what "acidity regulator" is, but that seems pretty reasonable to me. I don't think you need to worry about the macro nutrient breakdown very much (protein carbs etc.) when it comes to packaged foods, just the ingredients. If you can find something with just tomatoes and citric acid, that would be best, but I don't use canned tomatoes very much so I'm not sure if that is something that is available.
      It was the sugar content that concerned me more than anything. 7.2 g. It's not added sugar but fructose I imagine, but I'm new to this so any advice is more than welcome.
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
        It was the sugar content that concerned me more than anything. 7.2 g. It's not added sugar but fructose I imagine, but I'm new to this so any advice is more than welcome.
        Thanks.
        Sugary vegetables like tomato, carrot, onion, and beetroot contain a little fructose but its ratio with the micronutrients is very favorable so I say eat lots of them.
        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake
          If you're freaking out over the sugar content in tomatoes, you need to breathe deeply. If you're going to eat sugars, you want them preferably from whole food sources, like tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables. You want to avoid added sugar (HFCS, esp.), but seriously, the sugar in tomatoes is NO concern.
          Cheers marra, that's bacon, egg and tomatoes for my Scran later.

Comment

Working...
          X