More Crap 'Studies' And More Crap Journalism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Crap 'Studies' And More Crap Journalism

Increasing amount of red meat in your diet 'can raise risk of developing Type 2 diabetes by nearly 50%' | Mail Online

It really pis**s me off, I think I should really ignore it, but when is this going to stop

It will never stop as long as the MSM keeps lying. They eat up whatever the government spoon feeds them.

Comment

And they have this link on the same page: Obesity crisis sends diabetes rate soaring among under-40s: Number being diagnosed with type 2 up six-fold in 20 years | Mail Online
      So has eating red meat increased 6 fold in th elast twenty years or is something else the culprit?
      As far as I am concerned I am happy to be enlightened in a world of unquestioning sheep as it keeps the price of red meat down! Imagine how much you would have to pay for coconut milk and grass fed beef if everyone knew what we knew (and cared). So a few daily mail readers blunder into ever deteriorating health....I won't be losing any sleep
      Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
      www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

Bahh bahh!

Comment

There are a million of these articles out there. Who cares?
          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

NPR story on this

On NPR this morning they commented on a man who when eating "red meat" ate big macs and fries and when he stopped eating pink slime and fries and ate chicken and fish his diabetes numbers got better. proof that steak is bad for you.

Originally posted by PureFunctionalFitness View Post
            Increasing amount of red meat in your diet 'can raise risk of developing Type 2 diabetes by nearly 50%' | Mail Online

It really pis**s me off, I think I should really ignore it, but when is this going to stop
            An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
            -Somebody funny

Comment

I don't know any one who admits to reading the Daily Mail, yet it still seems to exist - like a stain that you can't get rid of.
              Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

There was also an article in the Telegraph saying uk citizens have increased by 14kg over the last 30 years despite cutting calories by 600 cals per day. They blame the weight on desk jobs and sitting down all evening.

The calorie reduction is said to be due to lower fat dairy and less red meat amongst other things.

A medical expert said that they would have expected to see a reduction of 2 pounds per year given the calorie issue....... Odd isn't it :-)
                Last edited by thriveful; 06-18-2013, 05:57 AM.

Comment

I don't read it, saw it on the news, also on other papers too

Comment

Originally posted by Owen View Post
                    I don't know any one who admits to reading the Daily Mail, yet it still seems to exist - like a stain that you can't get rid of.
                    It's kind of like why the Kardashians make millions, yet I can't find anyone who will admit to watching them.
                    Durp.

Comment

Its a completely unreliable source of information, as I would imagine, are the Kardashians.
                      Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

Someone on FB posted another similar article

They took a high saturated fat diet and also made it high glycemic. Then they noted that the incidence of something (can't remember because it was a forgettable study) that caused Alzheimer's. Then they reduced the saturated fat (as well as the high glycemic index foods - per their own admission) and lo and behold, it went down.

WTH happened to changing one thing to see what happens?

Their findings:
                        High saturated fat + high glycemic = Alzheimer's
                        Low saturated fat + low glycemic = no Alzheimer's
                        Therefore saturated fat must cause Alzheimer's.

Just ridiculous.
                        Durp.

Comment

It's all about the grains but the media like to hit on red meat

Comment

Originally posted by PureFunctionalFitness View Post
                            I think I should really ignore it, but when is this going to stop
                            Who knows.

It's a weird way of thinking; like I'm going to just study this tiny little area of nature, see correlations, not have any idea what they mean, jump to conclusions, and not have any evolutionary perspective thru which to view things.

Like, how could what we evolved eating be suddenly causing us problems? Hmm that's a good question to ask. Wait, I wonder if it is the grains instead? [idea]

Comment

Working...
                            X