Whats up with the sweet potatoes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with the sweet potatoes?

I've seen sweet potatoes mentioned a lot in this forum but I thought that we're supposed to avoid high carb foods. so why are sweet potatoes so popular? Why are they better than regular potatoes?

You're not supposed to avoid high carb foods, you're supposed to avoid grains and legumes.
    You MAY avoid high carb foods, if you're goals fall in line with this (i.e. you're trying to lose weight or aren't very active)
    You MAY eat your bodyweight in them if it will help your goals.

There is no rule of thumb regarding carbs.

Sweet potato is a good source of carbs, though, because it contains less starch and has a higher nutritional value than a regular potato. Also, they taste amazing

Comment

It depends on what your goals are. Personally I avoid potatoes (sweet and normal) because they cause my skin to break out.
      Yes, the real Dirk.

Comment

Originally posted by Allenete View Post
        Sweet potato is a good source of carbs, though, because it contains less starch and has a higher nutritional value than a regular potato. Also, they taste amazing
        Especially with Kerry Gold butter, raw honey and ceylon cinnamon .

Comment

You should avoid eating too many carbs. But only you can tell what "too many carbs" means for your body. Are you an athlete? Go ahead. Are you sedentary? Not so much.

Comment

Sedentary definitely describes me, although I'm changing that now. I still need to lose a few more pounds so I'll continue to avoid potatoes of any kind.

Comment

Working...
            X