No announcement yet.

Okay, it's time to admit it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the problem is actually believing that eating more fat and less carbs can help you lose weight, just look at it as an experiment.

You've lost around 13 lbs, and you said some of it was probably water. Give it another month, and see if you keep losing actual fat. The numbers will come down slower, but they should still come down.

And if they don't, what have you lost? One little month! When you stack that up against all the time you've been out of shape and overfat, and it probably won't seem like much of a risk. See how you feel and what your measurements are at the end of that time. My bet is you'll be pleased, but even if you're not, you haven't lost anything.

Comment

Water retention is a typical characteristic of weight gain therefore losing water weight is not only a good sign, its an essential part of weight loss. Admittedly, the remaining fat takes a lot longer to shift, as I have found, but it scarcely matters when you already feel great! I'm having to be patient but I've got the rest of my life, that's how I look at it. My muscle build and general appearance are just as important as weight loss and these are all definitely improving, along with a host of other unexpected benefits - brain function being one of the main ones.
      Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

Originally posted by merryish View Post
        If the problem is actually believing that eating more fat and less carbs can help you lose weight, just look at it as an experiment.
        I think that's what I did and why I wasn't too freaked out by the idea of consuming a lot of fat. I had watched the documentary Fat Head (I wholeheartedly recommend it, BTW--it's currently on Hulu) and thought, "This almost seems too good to be true, but but I need to try something different" because I was just tired of eating low fat and counting calories, and depriving myself only to be losing MAYBE a pound every couple of months or so, if that.

I figured it couldn't hurt to try it for awhile just to see what would happen. That was late last year, now I'm 30 lbs lighter and haven't looked back once.
        My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
        (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
        Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
        (Red Dwarf)

Comment

Wait... You're only eating one small meal a day and avoiding fat? To me that's a recipe for trouble! You may lose weight fast in the short term but I think ultimately you will struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
            Thanks again my primal providing friends.
            I just got weighed and in seven days I've lost 13 lb. Gerrin

I know this will be mainly water loss but it's encouraging.
            well done i had a big issue eating real fat in the beginning, i'd been raised on margarine and was cooking with smart balance. i had to do baby steps to get used to it but now i'm happy eating it

you'll be fine
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

Wait... You're only eating one small meal a day and avoiding fat? To me that's a recipe for trouble! You may lose weight fast in the short term but I think ultimately you will struggle.
              It does sound like a recipe for disaster.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                It does sound like a recipe for disaster.
                I'm getting better, I've started using olive oil and not trimming all the fat of my bacon. Going to make a mince stew tomorrow and the fat that comes out of the mince is staying in the pot.

Like blood said, baby steps to start.

Thanks for other replies.
                FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

Working...
                X