How much butter is too much butter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much butter is too much butter?

Dear friends, I eat about 0.75-1 stick (250g) of Kerrygold butter every day!

Is this too much? I am not trying to lose weight, on the contrary, I want to gain some.

Thank you for commenting!

LeJ,

I think that it would becomes detrimental at the point where it crowds out other Macro/Micronutrients. It shouldn't be as big of an issue since you are trying to actually gain weight. This is just my $0.02.

As long as you are getting an ample supply of protein, veggies and fruits as well I don't see a problem with it.

Comment

if you are looking to gain weight, make sure your protein intake is well over 1g per pound of bodyweight first. This will help ensure it is the right kind of weight. If at that point you still need more calories, have at er.

Comment

No.... eat more.

Comment

Yeah I eat tons of protein and veggies as well. I eat these foods as a stable (they make like 80-90% of my nutrition):

kangaroo meat
          beef
          some pork
          canned sardines
          smoked alaskan salmon

eggs
          protein powder
          full fat yogurt
          little milk

broccoli
          cauli
          spinach
          romanesco

avocado
          pears
          bananas

white rice
          sweet potatoes

tons of spices
          coconut flakes
          coffee
          green tea

olive oil
          BUTTER

I rarely substitute meals for butter, I use it as an extra.
          Last edited by LeJ; 06-17-2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

solid man, keep that up + the weightlifting and you should see great results

Comment

No such thing as too much butter lol...I'm jealous....with I had the calorie allowance to eat a stick a day.

Comment

If you were to get tired of eating butter, that would be one sign that you had been eating too much of it.

Comment

Signs you might have a problem with butter:

1. You miss social engagements or work because you want to stay home and eat butter.
                  2. You eat butter when you're alone.
                  3. You've stolen butter from other people's refrigerators.
                  4. You start to feel panic when you are down to your last five pounds of butter.
                  5. You sneak a few bites of butter while attending mass.
                  6. You get weepy at the thought of a world with no butter.
                  7. You steal your child's piggy bank money to buy butter.
                  8. If your spouse ever gave you the ultimatum, "It's me or the butter," you'd choose the butter.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Signs you might have a problem with butter:

1. You miss social engagements or work because you want to stay home and eat butter.
                    4. You start to feel panic when you are down to your last five pounds of butter.
                    8. If your spouse ever gave you the ultimatum, "It's me or the butter," you'd choose the butter.
                    ROFL
                    May I share this with others?

Comment

Originally posted by Allenete View Post
                      ROFL
                      May I share this with others?
                      Of course.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

ROFLMAO, may I share these too, please my favorite is number 5

And I have few more to add:
                        9. You get annoyed by people criticizing the amount of butter you eat.
                        10. You lie to others about the amount of butter you eat.
                        11. You're spending at least 175% more on butter than you used to two years ago.
                        12. You regularly eat more butter than you intended to and/or you're unable to limit the amount butter you eat

on the serious side, I eat about a pound a week, which is nothing comparing to op

Originally posted by joaniel View Post
                        signs you might have a problem with butter:

8. If your spouse ever gave you the ultimatum, "it's me or the butter," you'd choose the butter.

Comment

Working...
                        X