No announcement yet.

?perfect health diet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 16: They recommend 450g of plain starch such as potato, 450g of fruit and "sugary" vegetable like carrots, and 340g of protein. That seems like loads more carbohydrate than PB!

Am I missing something? I'd love to hear from more people who've tried this; the book makes lots of scientific sense to me, it just rubs against what only recently discovered reading the PB.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
      It's a good book. Mark wrote the forward or preface or something. There's a blog, too. I find the blog to be way too technical for me to enjoy reading it. I imagine the book is similar.
      The book is a much better read than the blog, although I guess what I want from it is the technical 'you should eat this because of that'.

I found the book to be excellent and it's essentially the diet 'bible' i follow.
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by Mutton View Post
        Chapter 16: They recommend 450g of plain starch such as potato, 450g of fruit and "sugary" vegetable like carrots, and 340g of protein. That seems like loads more carbohydrate than PB!

Am I missing something? I'd love to hear from more people who've tried this; the book makes lots of scientific sense to me, it just rubs against what only recently discovered reading the PB.
        Those are whole food weights which are mostly water.
        On a 2000 kcal day it shakes out to 50~100g protein and 50~150g carbohydrate.
        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Originally posted by picklepete View Post
          Those are whole food weights which are mostly water.
          On a 2000 kcal day it shakes out to 50~100g protein and 50~150g carbohydrate.
          Thanks!

I suppose you're right cause I'm an ectomorph. And you know that ectomorph are often under adrenal stress (maybe they are ectomorph by that, qho can know?), in fact I found that:

Hormonal problems in CFS - a clinical picture - the ectomorph - DoctorMyhill
          I think this is me as well...

Comment

Working...
          X