Another lipid profile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chewy63 View Post
    My diet for three weeks has been pretty good.
    Grains= once a week at hu hot
    Starches= three to four sweet potatoes a week
    Cheats= 3 slices of pizza
    Walking=no
    Age=36

Erin

-3 weeks not enough time after diet change
    -if loosing weight the lipids will be out of wack until weight stabilises
    -you're not quite 'living primal'

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy63 View Post
      Another ?

I'm wondering why my hdl is so low, bc I have eaten a lot of butter over the past 3 weeks. Sometimes close to a stick a day. Should I cut back on it since its not helping right now?

Erin
      As pretty much everyone has said, 3 weeks is not long enough. Primal is certainly not the cause of your current cholesterol numbers. Take a blood test again in 3-6 months, and see what direction all of the numbers are going in. You want to see TC, Trigs and LDL go down, and HDL go up.
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Hello all,

I just had my 3 month follow up lipid panel. Here's the numbers.

Tc = 234
        Try's=225
        Hdl=40
        Ldl=149

I'm down 30lbs to 270lbs.
        I've been eating primal but probably in the 200 carb range.

What does everybody think? They obviously wanted to put me on a staton. I told them I wanted to continue with diet changes for now and they were fine with that and set another 3 month test.

Erin

Comment

Yay! Vast improvement if the numbers mattered. Also, expect bad numbers as long as you are losing weight. Wait until you've lost all your weight, then check again.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Improvement is good!

Are you exercising? I think that's supposed to be good for Hdl.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
              Yay! Vast improvement if the numbers mattered. Also, expect bad numbers as long as you are losing weight. Wait until you've lost all your weight, then check again.
              +1

Also, lower carbs can lower your trigs.
              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
              bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Working...
              X