Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOS - Breakfast in Italy! Holy grains batman!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOS - Breakfast in Italy! Holy grains batman!

I am working in Italy for the next 2 weeks. Lunch and dinner have been fine, I can score mostly meat and veggies fairly easily. But breakfast is always sugar and or breads. No protoen to be found!

I am going to go to their local supermarket, what can I get to eat on my own? I have a small fridge, but that is it. I am hoping the hotel could boil me some eggs, if I bought them. What else can you guys think of? Jerky? I have whey protein powder, but I don't want to live off of that stuff.

Loving the coffee choices here! Here is a picture of the scenery, I could get used to this place! ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1371027043.454664.jpg

Thanks guys & gals!

Skip breakfast altogether, just have tea or coffee

Comment

Make that bulletproof coffee.

Comment

Prosciutto, braesola or some other kind of cured meat you can eat without cooking. Maybe some cheese, nuts or olives?

Comment

Thanks, I just popped into the grocery store, I stocked up on some proscuttio, canned olives and some artichoke hearts swimming in some sort of pickling juice. They do have eggs, so I'm going to ask the hotel hostess if they could hard boil some for later in the week. I did get some bananas and oranges too.

I think I'll survive. If there is any doubt, I'll just drink a bottle of red wine. I may not be in ketosis anymore, but my Italian will get 100% better!

Comment

Originally posted by stoney56 View Post
            I may not be in ketosis anymore, but my Italian will get 100% better!
            Italy has tons of olive oil.

Comment

True, I have noticed the common evoo here tastes great! And it's always in a dark green bottle.

Comment

Still might be cut, though; Italy is infamous for that.

M.

Comment

Double post

M.
                  Last edited by MEversbergII; 06-12-2013, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Just eat one meal a day. Problem solved.

Comment

try asking for cold Antipasto, they'll probably sort it for you.
                      When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                      27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                      new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

I'd say there is no better excuse for teaching your body to adapt to IFing.
                        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I was going to recommend fruit but I see you already have that covered. If you tolerate dairy, you could see about finding some plain yogurt that has fat.

Comment

Originally posted by brookesam View Post
                            I was going to recommend fruit but I see you already have that covered. If you tolerate dairy, you could see about finding some plain yogurt that has fat.
                            Italy also has some great cheeses. Mmmmmmmascarpone.

Comment

Thanks again for the tips. They have yogurt, I need to see if it is the typical fat free or if it is true yogurt with fat.

And we have indulged in marscapone and a little pinot noir tonight! Dinner was grilled steak w/ veggies on a stone at the table - I forget the name but it was paleo-licious!

Comment

Working...
                              X