can't believe it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't believe it!

I can not believe this article, is this for real....

Why a plate of chips may be healthier than you think: Vegetable oil is important for heart health, say experts | Mail Online

Oh, I have no trouble believing it, especially from Daily Mail. :P The reader comments are golden though:

listen to your body signals, eat what your body asks for, and stay away from industrially processed foods.
    - Shamael , Luxembourg, 11/6/2013 01:05
    yay!

Comment

....this junk science brought to you by your friendly McDonalds Conglomerate ......
      Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Ugh, I'm tired of the vegetable oil myth (it isn't even made from vegetables!). Why is it so hard to find things fried in lard these days? I would eat taters fried in lard.
        Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
        Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
        Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
        F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

Totally ridiculous! Lol

Comment

It's Daily Mail. Sometimes they even have an article saying fat is good for you, followed by an article saying eggs kill.
            F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by kathleen View Post
              Ugh, I'm tired of the vegetable oil myth (it isn't even made from vegetables!). Why is it so hard to find things fried in lard these days? I would eat taters fried in lard.
              Exactly.
              The Term “Vegetable Oil” Is False Advertising (Updated) - GNOLLS.ORG

Comment

I've squeezed a lot of vegetables, and oil's never come out of any of them.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post

Sent via A-10 Warthog
                  I concur. Makes you wonder, huh?

Comment

THANKyou for this link, just what I needed.
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                      THANKyou for this link, just what I needed.
                      You're welcome. Spend some time poking around the gnolls site. J Stanton is an excellent writer who manages to find a great balance between hard scientific content and accessible presentation. His articles make good ones for sending to non-Primal folks when you need backup. E.g. if the office vegan starts telling you that meat rots in the human digestive system, send her this one : Does Meat Rot In Your Colon? No. What Does? Beans, Grains, and Vegetables! - GNOLLS.ORG

Comment

This study wasn't so bad, by vegetable oil they meant olive and nut oils.

They were not talking about soy, corn, or canola oil. However bad labeling means that the public and journalists started saying vegetable oil which is entirely different

Excuse me for any typos and sarcastic remarks, sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post

Sent via A-10 Warthog
                          +1.....lol

Comment

I'd love to see an epidemiologist try to explain heart disease as an omega-6 deficiency.
                            37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Meh more absurdity, without even reading it I know the intention here is for agriculture and processed food to provide "science" so the masses keep eating and the profits keep rolling in.

Comment

Working...
                              X