Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Grok soak his nuts?

Mjellow!
    Did grok really take the time to soak her gathered almonds for 12 hours in a bowl of water before eating them? If nut (har har) then why should I bother doing it..? I don't eat them often now, so do you think it will be safe to eat them raw without soaking?
    Take a walk on the wild side.

Resisting...... adolescent.......... urge....... to............make............. joke.................

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      Resisting...... adolescent.......... urge....... to............make............. joke.................
      I know..... its almost to easy.......
      Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Depends on which Grok. Soaking + sun dehydration is a practice from Mesoamerica if I recall. Of course the effect of phytic acid and enzyme disruptors will depend on how often you eat them.

I'll do a ~3 lb. batch of mixed nuts once or twice a year. Preparing and freezing them really doesn't take effort, just a little planning. I would rather do this than take chances with small packages here and there because so many of them are rancid.
        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Let me do it: Probably, when they started itching.
          "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesteak View Post
            Let me do it: Probably, when they started itching.
            LMAO!

(I was really hoping that this was a thread about paleolithic STDs...)

Comment

Ive heard soaking your nuts in ice water works as a sort of birth control...
              Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

That theory about aquatic apes...

Comment

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                  It actually boosts testosterone production...if you're interested

Comment

Originally posted by Cathartes View Post
                    It actually boosts testosterone production...if you're interested
                    I think I'll just do a set of deadlifts instead.

Comment

Soaking them in piranha infested water works even better for that...
                      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

If 'Grok' was living near water, I think it's save to assume that he did soak his nuts most of the time.

Comment

Let's all go soak our nuts. Should clarify our thinking.

Comment

Ha! But she did have to remove them from the shell in order to eat them. She couldn't just pop a handful into her mouth. (Mmm, a mouthful of nuts.) And nut flour? Who has time for that?
                            50yo, 5'3"
                            SW-195
                            CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                            GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Other way around, mate! Lots o' hot water. Used to be that they recommended soaking in hot baths daily as a birth control method.

On a more serious note, I have wondered all about this "ancestral" style grains and whatnot, with the soaking and sprouting. My guess is that it would happen in wetter seasons when roofs leak, but probably not all that often.

Could be wrong, though.

M.

Comment

Working...
                              X