Did Grok soak his nuts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
    On a more serious note, I have wondered all about this "ancestral" style grains and whatnot, with the soaking and sprouting. My guess is that it would happen in wetter seasons when roofs leak, but probably not all that often.

Could be wrong, though.

M.
    Either that or it gets moldy and you get ergot.

Comment

Even better

M.

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
        Other way around, mate! Lots o' hot water. Used to be that they recommended soaking in hot baths daily as a birth control method.

On a more serious note, I have wondered all about this "ancestral" style grains and whatnot, with the soaking and sprouting. My guess is that it would happen in wetter seasons when roofs leak, but probably not all that often.

Could be wrong, though.

M.
        Ahh.. I knew it was something like that but since i dont have any nuts to soak, I dident pay that much attention
        Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

On a more serious note, Grok did not have access to almond. The sweet almonds had to be selected and cultivated before they became safe to eat c. 3000–2000 BC. Wild almonds are toxic and Grok who'd eat a few would have died, even if he could get over bitter taste. I can see soaking seeds as a normal practice to remove bitterness for other nuts.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Certainly acorns have been soaked traditionally to remove bitterness.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
              On a more serious note, Grok did not have access to almond. The sweet almonds had to be selected and cultivated before they became safe to eat c. 30002000 BC. Wild almonds are toxic and Grok who'd eat a few would have died, even if he could get over bitter taste. I can see soaking seeds as a normal practice to remove bitterness for other nuts.
              Yaeh, it seems like a lot of food is only eatable because of cultivation and selection these days.

Oh nuts! Maybe I should just eat marzipan :P
              Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

Working...
              X