Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the most anti-inflammatory foods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the most anti-inflammatory foods?

My scalp goes through flare ups of dermatitis and I want to add some extra anti-inflammatory foods into my diet to see if it makes a difference.

Fatty fish, crucifers, turmeric, berries. Avoid your standard non-primal stuff.

Salmon with cauliflower curry and blackberries for dessert.

What shampoo do you use? I had scalp and skin issues until i switched from regular soaps and shampoos to Dr. Bronners.
    Last edited by peppermint; 06-07-2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Also Practical Paleo advised to avoid nighshades and eggs in the anti-inflammatory protocols, but that's for joints...

Walnuts supposed to be good for inflammation as well according to the PP.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I've heard of Dr. Bronner's. I mostly use color-saving, sulfate-free shampoos and wash my hair probably three times a week. Next time I buy shampoo I'll have to try it out.

Originally posted by peppermint View Post
        Fatty fish, crucifers, turmeric, berries. Avoid your standard non-primal stuff.

Salmon with cauliflower curry and blackberries for dessert.

What shampoo do you use? I had scalp and skin issues until i switched from regular soaps and shampoos to Dr. Bronners.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
          Also Practical Paleo advised to avoid nighshades and eggs in the anti-inflammatory protocols, but that's for joints...

Walnuts supposed to be good for inflammation as well according to the PP.
          Oh no, eggs?! I could never give up eggs!

Comment

Someone on here had success pitching the whites and just using yolks. Best part of the egg anyway.

Comment

I hear you! I am starting anti-inflammation protocol tomorrow, since I am sick and tired of all the littl' inflammations that keep popping up since late April, and eggs elimination will be weird. But I think as long as I have a meat, shrimp and canned fish stack handy, I should be Okay.

Comment

I just posted a question about feeling bloated after a lot of cheats (rare for me, but I cheated big time). Eggs (whites in particular) were in the back of my mind. I find gently poached yolks in a lot of ghee or butter to be really good!

I'm back on my game as far as sticking with anti-inflam foods! I learned a hard lesson!

sg

Comment

I've never eliminated eggs in my life, so I think I forego both whites and yolks for my 30 days.

Comment

Leida - that sounds like a good idea. I might try it. I just have a challenging finding a "replacement" for breakfast that keeps me satisfied. I'm sure it is possible!

Good luck on your 30 day!

Comment

Hey, regarding shampoos, has anyone made their own? I was looking at the skin deep database (ewg dot org /skindeep) and there is a lot of really toxic stuff even in so-called "natural" shampoo and skin care products.

I like to mess around with stuff, so I may try some homemade shampoo. I found an easy recipe on wellnessmama. I've used bronner's soap and I think it would be really harsh as shampoo.

Cheers!
                      sg

Comment

Spicegirl, I do not make my own shampoo, but I go poo-less. Basically, once a week I do a 4-5-hour long castor oil wrap (Sunday night relaxation time), then rub egg into my hair and wash it off thoroughly under the running warm water. That's all my hair need. I have a short hair cut, but if I needed more washing, I'd add one more egg rub with a herbal wash (steeping some leaves. They use birch where I came from, but I am sure mint or fennel or rose petals or lavender or whatever will do just fine.)

Comment

Since we are sharing experiences: has anyone conquered persistent facial skin inflammation? I am hoping eggless&nightshade-less diet might help, but before this only going fruitless helped some. Anything, anyone? I am so miffed!

Comment

So is the general consensus that I should quit eggs? Maybe I will just try removing egg whites.

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                            Since we are sharing experiences: has anyone conquered persistent facial skin inflammation? I am hoping eggless&nightshade-less diet might help, but before this only going fruitless helped some. Anything, anyone? I am so miffed!
                            Ironically, whenever I have an issue with my face I put egg whites on my skin for about 20 minutes (until it hardens) and then rinse it off. My skin always looks improved even after doing it once. The only other thing I notice is when I'm home visiting my parents and I go to the beach. I swear swimming in salt water has cured pretty much every dermatitis patch after one day of swimming. Maybe I'll make some sea salt water at home and try that.

The only other thing I can think is to live completely sugar-free.

Comment

Leida,

Thanks for sharing your hair approach. I've done the no-poo as well as the Mexican rag method (use two wash cloths for 100 strokes under water). But, I would like a bit more.

So, let me confirm...you apply castor oil to hair, after a few hours rub in an egg and rinse with water. Does all the oil come out? I want to do oil treatments, but am concerned that the oil won't come out without shampoo.

I have longer than shoulder-length hair, but want to give this a try. If I'm missing anything, please let me know.

Thanks!
                              sg

Comment

Working...
                              X