I cook too good, eating out sucks now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starbucks has always tasted wrong... Welcome to real coffee :P

People are always touting the wonders of the Mediterranean diet but soooo much pasta...

Comment

I love the Italian place we go to! They have a whole gluten free menu with fish, meat, poultry. There is also risotto for carb eaters. I will say that the inexpensive neighborhood Italian places (run by Greeks down here) are heavy on pastas and don't have much by way of non-pasta. Still... better than Olive Garden.

If you are in the South, BBQ. Big ass pile of pork, get a side of collards.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Allenete View Post
        People are always touting the wonders of the Mediterranean diet but soooo much pasta...
        Keep in mind that the "Mediterranean diet" is an artificial construct based on three things:

What poor people were eating at the time and place of the study. We are talking impoverished Italians at the end of World War II, who immediately started buying fatty meat again when they were able to afford it after the economy picked up.
        What upper middle-class American trendsetters would accept. You don't seriously think they'd eat like hungry poor people?
        The idea that there is a universal Mediterranean diet, when actually the diet is cobbled together from various aspects of different cuisines.

Comment

Ok, Fewer Restaurants. Just steak houses, fish houses, and some Tai food.

So we need many fewer restaurants. But we need a lot more small, family farms. A lot more. Maybe we could even have some small PB villages, made up of mostly small pb-family farms.

Please.
          "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
            Ok, Fewer Restaurants. Just steak houses, fish houses, and some Tai food.

So we need many fewer restaurants. But we need a lot more small, family farms. A lot more. Maybe we could even have some small PB villages, made up of mostly small pb-family farms.

Please.
            We need many more small family farms that roast whole lambs in the evening.

Comment

I enjoy cooking my own meals just because I know what is going into them. I have trust issues when I go to restaurants now.

Comment

Originally posted by seashells View Post
                It seems the only advantage to eating out these days is someone else will do the dishes. I agree with all of the above.
                Also: no kids.
                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Working...
                X