What's your carb consumption?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aldergirl View Post
    He's telling the truth. The amount of bananas he can eat in one setting is rather startling... I'm sure he'd eat more than 9 bananas if we had more than 9 bananas in the house!
    Hahah, sounds like he eats sort of like me. I usually just cook or put together one thing and eat it till its gone. If we have a BBQ I may just fill my plate with ribs (even when several sides are available) and thats the meal. Or just fruit for a meal. But thats more rare.

Knifegill you still foraging dandelions and stuff? I'm still looking for a book so I don't grab the wrong berries on my nature walks

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
      We all know that carb wars rage on this forum, but I'm interested to know what percentage of people actually adhere to Mark's carb curve.
      I'm guessing more people eat low carb than don't, but I bet it's not a huge majority.
      Interesting results so far. 103 to 24 using the 150 mark as the cutoff. I would be interested to see the numbers if that center section of the poll was split in two categories, 50-100 and 100-150. My guess is that there are a lot of people who don't need or choose to be VLC but still eat toward the lower end of that range. Many perhaps not by counting but just by default. Interesting post, YB.

Comment

Knifegill you still foraging dandelions and stuff? I'm still looking for a book so I don't grab the wrong berries on my nature walks
        Yes, but I just bought a forest and a prairie so now I just walk outside and eat.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I've been primal for about 6 to 8 months and when I first started I was higher carb because I was making primal baked goods a lot of the time as I was still learning about the lifestyle so once or twice a I week I'd make pancakes and a 6 apple crumble and have fruit smoothies, bananas etc. So that would push it higher, but lately, without trying really, I've kept it pretty low and avoided baked foods and fruit. However, I'm starting to include sweet potatoes and fruit again because I'm built like a rake and don't have to lose weight so I figure why not? After reading the forums and good calories bad calories I was actually afraid to eat anything which raised insulin for the last little while as I was silly enough to think it would be unhealthy if I ate fruit and sweet potatoes etc. But I'll see how I go with a bit more carbs in and tweak it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            My guess is that there are a lot of people who don't need or choose to be VLC but still eat toward the lower end of that range. Many perhaps not by counting but just by default.
            Agree.

Comment

I been keeping a food journal MFP for about 18 months for no reason other than weight maintenance. Following CW I was consuming 250-300 gms a day mainly to fuel my running.
              Since going primal about 2 months ago I have lost 5lbs my calories have slighty increased but carbs are between 100-120 most days , but today were 180 to fuel and refuel after a half marathon, not really wanting to drop much weight happy at 60kgs

Comment

Working...
              X