No announcement yet.

What's your carb consumption?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know, hot bananas doesn't sound that good. Is it actually any good?
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
      Yeah. But, bananas with salt isn't any good. For some reason makes me puke. Literally.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

I just ate 3 baked bananas and a baked plantain with yogurt, coconut and chocolate chips. Yes.

And 2 cups of yogurt, at least a pound of shredded beef, 5 corn tortillas and salsa. Carbs! That's gotta be 200 in a sitting.
        Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

I'm LC, but one of my absolute favorite treats is baked sweet plantains.

Bananas... No.
          I don't like them.
          Plantains are just better in every possible way...

I can't even imagine eating more than a couple though. I'd die. (edit- from feeling too full... not any carb "overdose" though I can get a headache as a consequence. Just wanted to make that clear.)
          And I think they are perfect with nothing added... just baked.
          Last edited by cori93437; 06-07-2013, 07:30 PM.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I vary. I calorie track, so I'm pretty sure of my totals and sometimes I dip into ketosis. But mostly I'm firmly within the 50-150 bracket. I like my banana egg pancakes a lot.
            Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
              Fried banana is DELICIOUS. Add a little bit of sugar and it caramelizes. Spoon on some whipped cream and ooooh. XD
              Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

I am normally 150-300 but sometimes I will eat 5 bananas and some dates just for lunch so that puts me at 300+ right there.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                  I'm LC, but one of my absolute favorite treats is baked sweet plantains.

Bananas... No.
                  I don't like them.
                  Plantains are just better in every possible way...

I can't even imagine eating more than a couple though. I'd die. (edit- from feeling too full... not any carb "overdose" though I can get a headache as a consequence. Just wanted to make that clear.)
                  And I think they are perfect with nothing added... just baked.
                  Not every way! Bananas are a whole lot cheaper! Unfortunately, plantains can be hard to find, too. I have 2 left on my counter. I need more!
                  Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                    Not every way! Bananas are a whole lot cheaper! Unfortunately, plantains can be hard to find, too. I have 2 left on my counter. I need more!
                    Well, I guess that.
                    It's just that I actually don't like bananas at all unless they are green and then they mimic that sharp flavor that plantains maintain even when soft and ripe.
                    Anyway... here in FL plantains are super easy to find and really cheap, almost always about 4/$1. So I have a bit of regional luck there.
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I do occasionally banana load. Like 9 bananas at once. Ask Aldergirl, she can testify. When I eat, I eat ALL the eating.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

He's telling the truth. The amount of bananas he can eat in one setting is rather startling... I'm sure he'd eat more than 9 bananas if we had more than 9 bananas in the house!

Comment

I eat "Warrior" style, and don't count carbs. I simply eat what my body craves.
                          Simple.
                          If I had to guess, I would say that I fall in the 50-150 range most often, sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on what I feel like having.
                          I don't feel that purposely restricting any macro is healthy or sustainable over time. If I don't have many carbs on a given day, it's because I didn't have a craving for them, not because I'm trying to restrict them.
                          The only restriction that I impose on myself is the restriction of processed foods.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                            I never looked at it before. No post arguing for it or against it that I have seen has ever contained a link to it, so I guess I assumed it was something you would have to buy the book to look at. So obviously I don't adhere to it. I only irregularly track my intake.
                            You mean the real PB carb curve?
                            The Primal Blueprint Diagrams | Mark's Daily Apple

I usually end up with at least 150-200g at the end of the day. Any higher and it means I ate some (gasp) non-primal things.

Also, I may have to try these broiled bananas. Sounds delicious and something I may regret having read, but totally worth it. I'm a fan of tostones and the soft sweet plantains already.

Comment

When I started Primal two months ago (initially a more Atkins/ketogenic diet and my first time ever going low carb) I just started with the classic 20g net carbs. Looking back, I didn't need to go that low but it helped subside the cravings.

A lot of things made me uncomfortable with Atkins, processed foods are allowed, nutritious vegetables are restricted, unlimited fat consumption is mindlessly encouraged and theorised as a stable, effecient source of fuel and safe replacement of our natural fuel, glucose. Same goes with ketones. I was at an extreme potassium/magnesium defeciency and had the mental acuity of a drug addict. If you're a short, 70 year old woman with extreme metabolic resistance then Atkins will work. Too extreme. I was also uncomfortable with the idea of grains encouraged being reintroduced into the diet during Phase 4.

Then I discovered Primal! Now I eat 70-100g of carbs a day from starches, veggies and some berries. I believe in Mark's theory of fat being an efficient fuel source but I also believe glucose is essential and fat cannot be used solely as natural fuel. Then again, some people just feel better on VLC.

Comment

It seems like there's a human instinct to "pick teams" when it comes to carbohydrate and fat, akin to shirts/skins Democrat/Republican Xbox/Playstation etc.

My understanding: glucose fuel is well-suited for the brain and for running/lifting/jumping, and fat fuel is well-suited for sleeping, walking, typing, and everything else. My appetite and intake roughly correspond to those needs.
                                37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Working...
                                X