What's your carb consumption?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by max219 View Post
    Usually 200-300 carbs - mostly from sweet potatoes, potatoes, fruits (lots of bananas), white rice, and other root vegetables.
    This suits me as well. It is difficult to eat >300g of carbs on whole foods. It takes a lot of eating many meals a day revolving around lots of weight lifting to exceed that regularly. Adding honey and maple syrup, or doing things like making coconut flour pancakes or nixtamalized cornbreads or heavy rice consumption are necessary for me to achieve this goal, so it never really happens. I've found the easiest "real food" to rapidly overconsume are broiled bananas. You can put a few dozen bananas under the broiler for 20 minutes turning once, add cinnamon and easily eat thousands of calories in minutes.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 06-07-2013, 07:24 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
      I've found the easiest "real food" to rapidly overconsume are broiled bananas. You can put a few dozen bananas under the broiler for 20 minutes turning once, add cinnamon and easily eat thousands of calories in minutes.
      My boyfriend and I did that once, that stuff is like crack! It was kind of funny, we discovered a very tasty whole food treat and then decided we should not make it very often almost at once
      "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Comment

My days revolve around 50 grams, most of the times less than that. I do a conscious effort to go up to 75 grand for one or two days a week. I eat no grains, no sugar or honey etc, no potatoes or rice, and I find fruit very sweet. If I do decide to stay away from nightshades (which I am thinking but have not decided yet) I will have to depend on dark chocolate for my carbs. .

Sent from my Nexus 4

Comment

This suits me as well. It is difficult to eat >300g of carbs on whole foods. It takes a lot of eating many meals a day revolving around lots of weight lifting to exceed that regularly. Adding honey and maple syrup, or doing things like making coconut flour pancakes or nixtamalized cornbreads or heavy rice consumption are necessary for me to achieve this goal, so it never really happens. I've found the easiest "real food" to rapidly overconsume are broiled bananas. You can put a few dozen bananas under the broiler for 20 minutes turning once, add cinnamon and easily eat thousands of calories in minutes.
          Melt a little chocolate over those...

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
            Melt a little chocolate over those...

I've done it. Baked bananas with chocolate chips, shredded coconut and cinnamon. My advice: DO NOT DO THIS. It is much more difficult to overeat ice cream or cheesecake!
            Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Yeah, this does look like a minimum of 5 lbs overnight gain.
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I've been primal for almost 2 months and have been tracking my carbs with an app. I average around 80-90g/day, and range from <50g to up to about 150g. If I get <50g of carbs I tend to nearly faint every time I stand up, so I try not to do that much. My carbs are from fruit, veggies, and a good locally brewed craft beer thrown in about once a week.

Comment

You can put a few dozen bananas under the broiler for 20 minutes turning once, add cinnamon and easily eat thousands of calories in minutes.
                  Challenge accepted.
                  The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by aliphian View Post
                    Challenge accepted.
                    It is deadly addictive. I'm telling you, don't even try. 10 bananas at Trader Joe's costs a whopping $1.90. One banana is around 100 kcal. They'll be gone in 2 minutes. IMO the calories are better spent on a 20oz sirloin steak. Or maybe a 10oz sirloin steak and 5 bananas

Comment

It is deadly addictive. I'm telling you, don't even try. 10 bananas at Trader Joe's costs a whopping $1.90. One banana is around 100 kcal. They'll be gone in 2 minutes.
                      Sounds like a perfect breakfast for a carb-refeed day. 270g of carbs in 2 minutes!

Comment

I dunno, one banana makes me happy. Can't say I can see how 10 bananas will make me 10x happier... I have a mind to mush one with cocoa powder and coconut milk for breakky tomorrow and then go and lift a whole lot of iron

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                          I dunno, one banana makes me happy. Can't say I can see how 10 bananas will make me 10x happier... I have a mind to mush one with cocoa powder and coconut milk for breakky tomorrow and then go and lift a whole lot of iron
                          Sounds delicious.

Comment

Totally, but it is still very cool in our parts, so smoothies are not high on my list at 6 am. Just comforting. If I did not finally dip into the anti-inflam protocol, I would have zooped the said banana with egg whites and micro'd with cinnamon for the best frigging mug cake evar. The trick is to buy bananas on sale - super cheap, and super ripe, lol!

Comment

I'm more at 100-200 at the moment, but went for 50-150 because I rarely go much over the 150, more hovering around it.
                              Lots of bananas, avocado and parsnips. Nom.
                              --
                              Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                              I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                              I'd apologize, but...

Comment

I eat some carbs most days, whether it's a salad, some potatoes or a banana.. some days I don't

Comment

Working...
                                X