What's your carb consumption?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
    WEIGH THINGS? What an insane concept for a bunch of people on a diet forum...

Just do what canio6 suggests and you'll be fine.

Oh, I'm in the 150 - 300gs, for sure. I eat loads of fruit and rice, and only have meat once a day.

Honestly, I was being a bit snarky but it seems to me that far too often people worry and obsess so much over the 3 macros that they overload on the 4th macro - stress - and f*ck everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
      Honestly, I was being a bit snarky but it seems to me that far too often people worry and obsess so much over the 3 macros that they overload on the 4th macro - stress - and f*ck everything up.
      I totally agree.

But your post was funny - I wanted to retort but I couldn't better it
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

some days I eat ZC, other times I can eat around 200g/day (if I'm having rice and/or potatoes and/or a lot of fruit for some reason, these are estimated numbers) so I think I probably average about 50g/day.

I have tried cycling it around lifts, but I much prefer this more natural approach. I don't enjoy planning food ahead too much in this way ie: I like to always have good food to cook, but I don't like thinking "I need to eat potatoes because I'm lifting today" if that day I don't feel like eating potatoes, I don't force myself to. I also train almost daily so to me everyday is some sort of lifting day. I want to up my carbs after a month of strict grain-free eating (I'm on day 4...) because I have some bloating and straight up fat to get rid of. I think VLC is necessary for me right now and when I get leaner I'll introduce more carbs I think.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I mostly stay under 150 but sometimes I go over but usually its just shy of 100. I did an n=1 experiment where I allowed myself to eat all the fruit and sweet potatoes I wanted and I found that I just like them too much; I over ate them- I gained weight. I can't "free feed" fruit and potatoes and intuitively maintain my weight like some people luckily seem to be able to do. I have to cap it at like 3 servings total a day or I keep eating them.
          "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Comment

Because I am new to the primal lifestyle, I have been keeping track of my carbs. I usually stay under 100 grams but have had a couple of days over by less than 10 grams. My highest weight was 198lbs on a small framed 5'8" male. In the past 3 weeks of primal living, I have lost 12 lbs. Prior to that, it took me 3 months to lose 12lbs, exercising daily (CW). I am a believer in staying under 100 grams. I hope to start a journal soon with pictures.

Sent from my XT901 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

The majority of the time it's 50-100g of carbs (15g from sugar, from carrots and such).

As I eat a meat and vegi diet it just doesn't seem natural to be able to hit much less/more. If I eat steak and eggs and just a few greens it is 35g, if I eat a bunch of sweet potatoes, carrots, cucumbers it might hit 110g max.

But I have no idea how to go over 150g on meat and vegi, perhaps using some unnatural method like a juicer?

Marks curve is spot on and should be taught in textbooks as the natural Paleolithic range. That's what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by fifer View Post
                I have no idea, I eat a nice balanced selection of whole foods. What am I supposed to do, weigh everything?
                Me too. I don't measure calories, ratios, anything.

For what it's worth, I eat potatoes, kumara or rice with every evening meal, and also eat them for breakfast as well the next day if there are leftovers.

The only difference is that pre-primal those foods would be the majority of the meal, now they are only about 1/3 of the plate (by volume)
                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Mine vary day to day on what I feel like eating, but probably average 30-100 most days. Usually have a close to zero carb day once a week just because I only feel like eating meat. Sweet potatoes, bananas, and dark chocolate are the higher carb items I eat.

Comment

Sgt. Sugar reporting in.

300g+ a day, every day
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

Approx. 150g. I go for the more balanced approach and eat high protein meal once a day usually at dinner.

Sources: low-carb veggies, sweet and mostly white potatoes, carrots, white rice, bananas, dry fruit, raw honey, apples, watermelon, other fruit, gelato, ice cream, dark chocolate.

I'm looking to have a week or so of all vegetatian or maybe even all vegan foods sometime this Summer.

Comment

I added up today, estimating what I plan to cook for dinner. I only got to 125g and that's with eating potatoes at two meals plus dried fruit for a snack. I imagine there are days when I go above the 150 range, but I probably don't go too much over and probably not very often. I do not try to restrict.
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Many days 0 carb, some days of fruit, chocolate and nut frenzy mixed in.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I'm sort of surprised that most people voting are in the 50-150g range, it seems like I read a lot of posts from VLC groks and grokettes. (or maybe ketosis makes people post more often! just kidding)
                            I usually end up between 50-150g; some days are higher, some are lower. Depends on my mood, and how many berries or sweet potatoes I eat. I don't really do intense workouts, so I don't need to replenish glycogen or anything. It's just a comfortable point for me; I feel like it gives me good energy, and my hunger/ blood sugar stays stable. Oh, how I don't miss the days of spikes and crashes!

Comment

I get roughly 100 grams a day... I exercise A LOT and I need a little more for energy, but not much. I only get my carbs from non-starchy vegetables! That's it. I don't even do sweet potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by GiGiEats View Post
                                I get roughly 100 grams a day... I exercise A LOT and I need a little more for energy, but not much. I only get my carbs from non-starchy vegetables! That's it. I don't even do sweet potatoes.
                                Do you eat 5 pounds of kale per day?

I'm doing well on roughly 50% carbs, which more often than not = a little under 250g. I don't track often enough to really know, but it varies. Wanna know what's super duper strange? The more carbs I eat, especially from fruit, the less I crave them. Hrmmmmmmmmm.
                                Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Working...
                                X