Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delicious binge, mental tips!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Delicious binge, mental tips!

    Hello,

    I just had some microwave popcorn and a bag and half of Twix Pods and they were delicious! I don't feel guilty or anything and although I was feeling physically crappy before I don't feel as bad as I expected.

    In saying all this I know I will have a "food hangover" tomorrow and I already have a bit of a carb belly, so, obviously it's not ideal to be eating these types of foods. Normally, I remember how physically bad I feel and that is enough to deter me from stuff like this in the future but after an 8 hour day of work its a different story.

    Does anyone have any tips or strategies that have helped them to avoid binging?

    Cheers!

  • #2
    What led you to overeating?
    Depression Lies

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      What led you to overeating?
      Good question. I was tired after a long day and my gf had bought some snacks (she is non primal) and I basically was thinking who cares. I guess in a way I felt like doing something reckless and carefree and cause I consider that type of food "bad" it was sort of like a rebellion if that makes sense. And I enjoy the taste of that type of food.

      Comment


      • #4
        A couple of things to consider
        -sometimes we get tired and eat mindlessly. Are you sure you ate enough during the day? Sometimes a binge can be caused by being short on your body's needs. If you were fasting, some people don't get by on certain fasting schedules because it can induce a binge.
        -Getting enough sleep?
        -Is there a primal food you could have on hand that would be similar enough to be readily available if you binge? Such as pork rinds instead of popcorn, or some dark chocolate instead of Twix.
        Depression Lies

        Comment


        • #5
          good points from namelesswonder, particularly keeping primal snacks on hand. almonds, olives and hard boiled eggs are my staples.

          i get to that point at the end of my days once in a while. one of the things that helps me is to read the ingredients before i eat something. i wouldn't get too far on things like microwave popcorn or twix before i lost my appetite for that food, and remember that i generally prefer food that doesn't have an ingredient list.
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

          Comment


          • #6
            I get the "rebellion" mindset, and I try to turn it in my favor. For instance, try reading some vegan blogs, scoff at them, and then eat some liver and egg yolks because you know better. Eat some good saturated fat. Make yourself feel like you are rebelling by eating healthy.

            I got a friend eating primally and I had to get him to stop "motivating" me because I didn't want people telling me what to eat. His "motivation" made me want to rebel and eat unhealthy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by primalrob View Post
              i get to that point at the end of my days once in a while. one of the things that helps me is to read the ingredients before i eat something. i wouldn't get too far on things like microwave popcorn or twix before i lost my appetite for that food, and remember that i generally prefer food that doesn't have an ingredient list.
              Ew yeah, I definitely read ingredients list. If I'm going to eat ice cream anyway, I spend a little more for something with minimal ingredients (and preferably not corn syrup). Seeing "soybean oil" puts anything immediately off my "indulge" list.
              Depression Lies

              Comment


              • #8
                Not having the items in the house to binge on is the easiest way. Having a good fast protein source food like Nuts, eggs, or cheese (if you do dairy) is another way. Lots of times if you can convince yourself to have some protein first.... then wait and ask yourself if your really still hungry you could avoid it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  What's a twix pod?
                  | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

                  It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    A couple of things to consider
                    -sometimes we get tired and eat mindlessly. Are you sure you ate enough during the day? Sometimes a binge can be caused by being short on your body's needs. If you were fasting, some people don't get by on certain fasting schedules because it can induce a binge.
                    -Getting enough sleep?
                    -Is there a primal food you could have on hand that would be similar enough to be readily available if you binge? Such as pork rinds instead of popcorn, or some dark chocolate instead of Twix.
                    It's funny you mention these things because my shopping day is today and yesterday I didn't have a lot of food left and just ate some left over meatballs, a couple eggs and some almonds in coconut cream. I usually eat a lot of vegetables but didnt have any left so you're probably right on with that.

                    I didn't get enough sleep the night before so that's another factor.

                    I guess it all adds up.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                      What's a twix pod?
                      https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...bBWHX_y4WiM%3A

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Wow, never seen those before, my son saw the pic and wants one now lol. Are you in the US?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by myzander View Post
                          Wow, never seen those before, my son saw the pic and wants one now lol. Are you in the US?
                          Haha nah in Australia!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I still binge from time to time, but it helps to binge on foods that seem like junk but are not really. (Rice krispies with half and half, haagan das ice cream, dark chocolate). These don't seem to leave me feeling shitty the next day.

                            Maybe buy some of these foods for you and your girlfriend to eat when you get back from work.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Eating a lot of protein (like 2 pounds a day) helps me no over eat because it makes me super full

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X