No announcement yet.

Low calories experience!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is what i'm doing safe for long term? As long as i refeed myself here and there?

Comment

Originally posted by premier89 View Post
      I'm a guy btw..and yea i can eggs every day for the rest of my life. Although i would like to eat them only for breakfast, i'm on a budget and need protein. Can't eat beef and chicken is too bland
      Chicken is bland if you bolt it down. Really nicely cooked chicken - I roast it and use coconut oil for basting then fry up the leftovers in more coconut oil to keep it moist - is a lovely flavour and certainly no more bland than cod. Don't forget the skin, which is the tastiest part.

The longer you eat unprocessed foods the more you'll find your sense of taste and smell returning/improving. I started cooking without salt a long time ago and don't add any to my food either. I enjoy the full flavours of everything I eat and carrots - which I used to think bland - are now incredibly sweet. Every mouthful is there to be savoured!
      Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Comment

I can't eat chicken skin because of omega 6 and acne. When i started eating primal, i ate a lot of chicken thighs for dinner and broke out like crazy. I think my body is really sensitive to omega3:6 ratio imbalance.
        Last edited by premier89; 06-06-2013, 05:51 AM.

Comment

I'm assuming that what i'm doing is okay though? That's the main thing I want to know. Are the calories too low for long term? At least for the summer..

Comment

Originally posted by premier89 View Post
            I'm a guy btw..and yea i can eggs every day for the rest of my life. Although i would like to eat them only for breakfast, i'm on a budget and need protein. Can't eat beef and chicken is too bland
            Sorry, dude

Eggs are the best! I had an 8 egg omelette and about 5 boiled eggs today! All egg whites though as I'm lifting weights and trying to lose fat. Eating very low fat, but it's working a charm.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with low calories in the short term, especially if you're feeling fine.

In the long term, I'd worry about getting in enough food to get in all your vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients (though much less so than SAD low-calorie!). I'd also worry about the risk of stressing your adrenals. How much other stress do you have going on in your life? If your life is otherwise low-stress, your body can handle it better.

Basically, if you start to feel awful, sleep terribly, or perform terribly, re-adjust your approach.

Comment

Working...
              X