No announcement yet.

Using ketosis to deal with excess phlegm. I'd be grateful to get feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To anyone who might still be reading, I read this on wikipedia about adenoid problems. Could this effect those of us with mucus issues??

"Adenoid infection may cause symptoms such as excessive*mucus*production, which can be treated by its removal. Studies have shown that adenoid regrowth occurs in as many as 20% of the cases after removal."

Adenoid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
      Interesting, ok that makes sense. But at the same time, couldn't I be a carrier of the most common gene, even if it's probably more likely--if I am indeed a carrier--that I'd have one of the rarer mutations?

Isn't the sweat test only able to determine if you have full blown CF, rather than just testing whether you're a carrier?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions
      I misunderstood, you want to see if you're a carrier, that makes sense. And I believe you are correct the sweat test is only determine if you have CF.
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

I spit once in the morning and when I brush my teeth at night.

In the morning it is usually the byproduct of being in ketosis, it's not phlegm though.

Excuse me for any typos and sarcastic remarks, sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

To anyone who's interested, gleamed from some good websites here's a pretty thorough list of possible causes. (In my case I can exclude many of these from the list, and the goal is to narrow it down the exact cause.)

Causes of Mucus buildup
          1.*Acute Bronchitis
          2.*Adenoviruses
          3.*Allergies
          4.*Asthma
          5.*Atrophic rhinitis
          6.*Chronic infections
          7.*Cystic Fibrosis
          8.*Food Additive Adverse reaction -- MSG
          9.*Food Additive Adverse reaction -- amines
          10.*Food Additive Adverse reaction -- food additives

Mucus buildup - Symptom Checker - check medical symptoms at RightDiagnosis

And here are some types of nasal obstructions that could contribute:
          Adenoid Hypertrophy*(Very Common)
          Turbinate Hypertrophy*(Common)
          Significant Deviated Septum*(Uncommon)
          Nasal Polyps*(Uncommon)
          Allergies*(Common)
          Infection*(upper respiratory illness and/or*bacterial*infections) (Common)
          Rarely, genetic conditions like*cystic fibrosis*and*immotile ciliary syndrome
          Rarely, anatomic conditions such as*choanal atresia
          Rarely, a sino-nasal tumor

Comment

Working...
          X