Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want cold cereal with milk! best option that isnt a calorie bomb?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd dehydrate carrots&apples
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

un sweetened shredded coconut in the oven for a little just to "crisp" sweeten it on your own or not..
      then leave out to cool... and top with nuts, berries, and bam! yum

Comment

EnviroKids Gorilla Crunch is pretty damn good. We give it to our daughter and I house some after workouts sometimes. It's corn based and has like 3 ingredients. It tears your mouth up like captain crunch if you don't let the milk soak up a little bit
        "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thanks for the dehydrated strawberries and crispy shredded coconut ideas! I think I'm going to try to combine the two with some almond milk ... I love cereal but it is a huge trigger food for me so can't be my 20%. yum!

Comment

Steak and eggs.

Comment

Lots of awesome ideas in this thread. I actually make a "cereal" every night for dessert. It's not a calorie-bomb, but it's pretty high carb (over 60g), so it may not be what you're looking for. Here's the recipe:

1/3 C banana chips, chopped
              1/4 C raisins (fresh raspberries work well, too)
              1 square 70% dark chocolate, chopped
              1/2 TBSP coconut oil
              1 TBSP raw honey

Mix it all together and you're good to go. Super easy and quick to prepare. You could definitely add some raw milk or coconut milk and it'd be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by tarek View Post
                Lots of awesome ideas in this thread. I actually make a "cereal" every night for dessert. It's not a calorie-bomb, but it's pretty high carb (over 60g), so it may not be what you're looking for. Here's the recipe:

1/3 C banana chips, chopped
                1/4 C raisins (fresh raspberries work well, too)
                1 square 70% dark chocolate, chopped
                1/2 TBSP coconut oil
                1 TBSP raw honey

Mix it all together and you're good to go. Super easy and quick to prepare. You could definitely add some raw milk or coconut milk and it'd be pretty good.
                reading this it just hit me. I have a bag of Turbana sweet plantain chips in the kitchen so i grabbed a handful out of the bag tossed them in a bowl and poured some milk on them. totally looked and tasted liek sugar coated corn flakes it was ridiculous.

good call sir

Comment

I'm just throwing this out there ... never tried it myself but I saved the recipe from a while back. It's a "cereal" with fruit and nut but mostly vegetable.

Raw Fruity Pebbles | Heather's Creative Concoctions

Comment

Steak and eggs.
                    Nice.
                    But kind of true.
                    I find no matter what I crave,
                    This hits the spot!
                    Don't you?
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by CiKi90
                      Ok so I saw some freeze-dried strawberries at the store today and picked some up. I added it to my milk and it was pretty interesting! I'd definitely eat it again as a cereal-like replacement. The only ingredient was strawberries... They were a bit sour! But I liked them a lot.
                      In the baking aisle Bob's Red Mill sometimes has cranberries, dates, apples, etc. but that's getting into calorie bomb territory.
                      37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                        Nice.
                        But kind of true.
                        I find no matter what I crave,
                        This hits the spot!
                        Don't you?
                        Yup! Its just that no matter what "craving" you got.... just make yourself eat some eggs or steak then ask yourself if your really still hungry.

Comment

Working...
                        X