best alternative to half and half

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best alternative to half and half

I drink at least two cups of coffee everyday. I absolutely love it with half and half but realize I need to give that up. Does anyone have a good alternative to half and half in coffee? ....coconut milk, maybe?

Why do you have to give it up? Just buy the good stuff if you tolerate dairy. Pastured heavy cream >>>> half & half.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

This stuff:
      Coconut Cream - 100% Pure: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Some coconut milks/creams come in cans with BPA and some have all kinds of other ingredients like stabilizers and gums. This (Aroy-D) is the pure and simple good stuff.
      Last edited by Paleobird; 05-31-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Well, I haven't figured that one yet. For me it's either coffee w half and half or nothing at all. As much as I like coconut milk, in coffee it's a no-go for me

Comment

Use heavy cream, or turn to the dark side and use grass fed butter!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Organic Valley pastured half and half. Though they are sort of mainstream, I've done enough of my own research to decide that they are selling a product from happy cows with no bullshit.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Real raw pastured CREAM... heheheheheeh.

Sorry. I hadda do it.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                Organic Valley pastured half and half. Though they are sort of mainstream, I've done enough of my own research to decide that they are selling a product from happy cows with no bullshit.
                That's what I end up with most of the time, since raw milk products are unavailable where I live, and all the heavy creams are full of stabilizers and ingredients I try to avoid (like carageenan).
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I was reading and Mark said not to make a habit of buying half and half. Buying it? How about drinking it every single day, all morning long from 5am on? I want to be Primal and not screw it up with what I put in my coffee so I'm going to give that Coconut Cream a try-- it sounds good from the reviews! But if that does not suit me, I will go with the Organic Valley.

...and maybe some time when I'm feeling brave, I will try the butter
                  Thanks much!!!

Comment

Fresh breast milk? Certainly primal...

Comment

Originally posted by Green Deane View Post
                      Yes, if you are a newborn.

Comment

That would be an awesome hook for a primal coffee house! Nursing women could squirt milk right into cups of coffee at table or counter.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                          That would be an awesome hook for a primal coffee house! Nursing women could squirt milk right into cups of coffee at table or counter.
                          This is of course not entirely related, but your idea reminded me of that old Shirley Temple flick "War Babies" where all the kids are drinking milk the whole time

I only had vague memories of it, and rewatching it now for the first time since I was a child I actually understand what it's about ... woah haha

Comment

Originally posted by sjmc View Post
                            This is of course not entirely related, but your idea reminded me of that old Shirley Temple flick "War Babies" where all the kids are drinking milk the whole time

I only had vague memories of it, and rewatching it now for the first time since I was a child I actually understand what it's about ... woah haha
                            OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Can you imagine if that was aired in today's day and age? People would be in an uproar! I mean, I could see mothers would be losing their minds over this. HA!

Wonder if Shirley turned out ok? How about you, did you turn out ok after seeing this as a child? It obviously left a lasting impression!!!! Glad we were able to take you down memory lane a bit...

Comment

YOU SICK BAST*$#!!! This is my morning cup of coffee!

Comment

Working...
                              X