No announcement yet.

Whole 30 for June 2013 - Who's In?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still hanging in with my Whole. I'm on day 51. It's getting much easier to eat just meat and salad at a restaurant withour eyeing the other things. I got a bit bored around day 30 but it was more lack of creative food planning.

I added egg yolks back around day 45. No problem. Added decaf coffee around same time with no problems. Still off all nightshades but want to test. Have had beef 3 times. Twice with digestive upset the following day. I tried 4 oz of good quality ribeye last night. Waiting to see how I fare d igestively.

Not sure if this will turn into 100 days or what....

Comment

• I am glad to hear you ould re-introduce the yolks. Are you planning to try whole eggs as well?
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• I am getting back on board. Today will be my first day without dairy.

I have developed some symptoms of gout in my right foot. Hurts like hell. The pain started on Tuesday. I've tracked backwards and I'm pretty sure the flare was triggered by my fruit consumption and my trip to Buffalo Wild Wings. I've been eating a LOT of fruit lately and Mark says that high fructose foods seem to be a bigger problem for gout suffers than high protein foods (lowering protein consumption seems to be the CW solution).

So, I'm going to be watching my fruit consumption and sticking pretty closely to Whole30 to see how things go.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I hope it will help! Ouch, about fruit. I have never considered it in connection with gout. (Sigh) Fruit is the only thing I haven't learned to limit.

Comment

• I've been doing pretty well, just steak seasoning here and there and some Cajun seasoning on my chicken. But in the grand scheme of things, I think I'm doing pretty well. Even avoided the morning tea at work today for a bunch of people leaving. I had to sit with my back to the table because there was absolutely nothing there I could eat.

Comment

• At the end of my 30 days.

I have had 4 blips in 30 days(Bannoffee pie, Pizza, 5 beers and a curry) which my social calender dictated really.

I am delighted with the results. lost 1 and a half inches on my waist and my body fat is noticeably down.

I am going to of course continue this journey and aim for about 85% primal. I am 30 at the end of the day and I have a busy social calender (including a marriage in a few weeks) so it is important to be realistic.

Good luck all.

2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

• SIL and I are starting fresh on Monday. I have reintroduced dairy and have gained 5 pounds in the process. *sigh*

I don't think it's gout after further research. I'm going to see my chiropractor tomorrow morning to get an adjustment on my feet and see if that helps at all.

Happy Friday to all!

Comment

• That's it, I broke it, I ate bread. Back to the grind stone.

Comment

• I ate chocolate, and some nut and fruit bars yesterday, and this a.m. I paid for it by having a stomachache....back on the wagon for me, today.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                      I am getting back on board. Today will be my first day without dairy.

I have developed some symptoms of gout in my right foot. Hurts like hell. The pain started on Tuesday. I've tracked backwards and I'm pretty sure the flare was triggered by my fruit consumption and my trip to Buffalo Wild Wings. I've been eating a LOT of fruit lately and Mark says that high fructose foods seem to be a bigger problem for gout suffers than high protein foods (lowering protein consumption seems to be the CW solution).

So, I'm going to be watching my fruit consumption and sticking pretty closely to Whole30 to see how things go.
                      Interesting, I never knew fruit was a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tee View Post
                        Interesting, I never knew fruit was a factor.
                        That's just what I'd read. I have no experience as I no longer think my foot pain is related to gout.

Comment

• I'm going to have a break from the rigidity of the whole 30 in July. Just so I can go back to butter with my scrambled eggs and I want to start experimenting with some paleo treats as its my daughters birthday coming up in August. I also wouldn't might making some for my mum too as she keeps posting very unhealthy recipes on Facebook!

Comment

• Hi folks, with the flooding life was a bit hectic here. No deviations for me, but I am thinking to put the eggs back in today. I have had a cold over the weekend, but not one of those inflammatory crappy thinggies. My skin won't clear, but that's fruit consumption & I there is no mitigation for it. Fruit >>> pimples!

Comment

• Good work Leida!

Comment

• I am going to continue the Whole 30 rules as closely as possible, but I have some things over the summer that may mean a few meals aren't 100%. I have already seen so many benefits of this, that I will never go back to certain foods and additives again. Mostly I cook, but if I have to eat someone else's cooking, I know I have this WOE to fall back on.
                                Good luck everyone, maybe I will join the Whole30 in August over at Whole9life.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X