Eggs and bananas -- or, primal minimalism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs and bananas -- or, primal minimalism

In an effort to simplify my budget for the summer, I'm thinking about centering my diet around two of the most nutritious and inexpensive foods available to me -- pasture raised eggs, and bananas. Coming from a VLC background with no fruit, should I expect to see any major transformations in body composition? Also, should I look for some supplements to round out my nutritional profile?

Most likely, my day will look something like this:

Breakfast -- 3 eggs, butter, and either a half or a whole banana
    Lunch -- same as breakfast
    Dinner -- meat and veggies (most often it'll be grass fed beef with peppers, onions, and kale)

Also, activity is tons of walking, sprinting 1-2 times per week, body weight exercises here and there

Comment

Two whole bananas a day!?!?!?! Are you nuts??? Everyone knows that fructose is immediately stored as fat when combined with eggs!!!

I doubt you will see any negative effects. You might even find you feel better eating a couple bananas after VLC...
      "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

i like that minimalism, it speaks to the food minimalist in me

and if it were me, i'd eat a quality multivitamin with it
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

Eat plantains and fish as well, and you should be good to go

Comment

Im pretty minimal.

I have eggs everyday and atleast one banana (their insanely healthy!). I recommend supplementing fishoil somewhere.. or just eating fish which can be expensive. Multivatimins not such a bad idea.. i highly recommend vitamin D aswell it just a precursor to too many important bodily functions.

If your smashing the gym just add a postworkout protein shake into your mix. Definately keep kale and broccoli around!! Make salads with avacado in then. Make sure you cook with butter and get some coconut oil on tap

For deserts full fat greek yoghurt is great for casien protein plus your digestive system health (incredibly important!!). If you got cash to splash get a frozen berries mix for your yoghurt.

If your trying to lose weight or are interested definately try out intermittent fasting (more as a tool). Atm i loosely go no eating until between 2pm-8pm. Works great for me.. im gaining muscle too so their no bs muscle catabolism going on like you hear. Im living proof anyway..

I consider this minimalist but at the end of the day it still costs a lot. Its your health though!! I feel great too
            -safe is the new risky

Comment

Bananas are a lot of sugar (fructose.) However... a diet of eggs and tomatoes will keep one healthy and alive. (It's one of those test question things... if you could only take two foods to a remote island that would provide all the nutrients and calories you need to stay healthy what would they be?)

Comment

I did ground beef, eggs and boiled potatoes for a few weeks. It is doable. Not sure with bananas, since they would make me over-eat. I seriously suggest adding ground beef. You can buy the cheapest, and wash the fat off after browning under hot water for eliminating bad fats.
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Take a peeled frozen banana and put it in a blender with a tablespoon of heavy cream. Blend till consistency of ice cream. You made banana ice cream

Comment

Eggs n bananas. I like it. Especially when whipped together and fried into "pancakes."

Comment

For variety, you could make larger quantities of dinner every now and then to have for lunch the next day. Minimalism is great, unless you'll become bored and start eating non-primal foods as a result because you feel deprived.

Comment

I have two eggs every morning (I tried to get pasture eggs when possible) and I take a banana with me to work and have that as an early morning snack. I'm not sure I could do eggs twice a day. I usually have my butternut squash 'soup' (it's more like pureed veggies) for lunch and some nuts for a afternoon snack.

Comment

Just plugged in seven bananas and a dozen eggs into fitday. For such a restrictive menu, it is amazingly complete. A few other foods here and there would easily augment the few micronutrients that show up slightly low, but any serious deficiency is rather unlikely. Except that egg whites are said to interfere with biotin uptake, but only if undercooked - and I suspect only when combined with other foods in the stomach.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Green Deane View Post
                            Bananas are a lot of sugar (fructose.) However... a diet of eggs and tomatoes will keep one healthy and alive. (It's one of those test question things... if you could only take two foods to a remote island that would provide all the nutrients and calories you need to stay healthy what would they be?)

I thought bananas were mostly glucose.

Comment

I think, Angeline, that's only if they are very ripe.
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                              X