Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my recently developed hypoglycemia related to VLC intake?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've tried various things; it hasn't worked. You really need to see your doctor. The chances of doc being able to give you good food advice are about zero, but doc will be able to rule out possible other causes of your symptoms. There are many conditions that can cause these symptoms, including many conditions that can cause hyponatremia. One of the biggest dangers associated with non-standard medical care is the delay in standard medical care when it is needed.

Two liters per day = 67 ounces, which isn't too crazy. The rule of thumb for avoiding hyponatremia is to start asking a lot of questions at 150 oz / day.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Originally posted by cindy01 View Post
      I tried this today. Felt great but it had an almost immediate effect on my bowel movements, like my body is rejecting it and the weakness feeling returned. Drank another two cups but with no success. I'm starting to feel more convinced it is an electrolyte issue. I don't know why it's so extreme in my case with all the confusion/disorientation.

Any other suggestions as to how I can balance my electrolytes?
      don't take it in water; add it to food . makes it a lot more gut friendly. If youre low in potassium it gets sucked up immediately by the cells and the amount in the blood drops, keep topping it up when you eat for at least a week and get your circulatory saturation normal.
      Potassium is essential- look up hypokaleamia and you'll understand why you feel like you do.
      eat salmon and tuna too.
      Last edited by CarbDodger; 06-02-2013, 06:29 AM.
      When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
      27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
      new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Originally posted by cindy01 View Post
        I tried this today. Felt great but it had an almost immediate effect on my bowel movements, like my body is rejecting it and the weakness feeling returned. Drank another two cups but with no success. I'm starting to feel more convinced it is an electrolyte issue. I don't know why it's so extreme in my case with all the confusion/disorientation.

Any other suggestions as to how I can balance my electrolytes?
        yep, now you see a connection. That's the important part. Start increasing your electrolytes, chiefly sea salt, litesalt and magnesium. Go easy on potassium. Really you don't need much and shouldn't take much. 100mg can often make all the difference. Potassium in excess can kill you so go easy on it.

I find I get toe cramps especially after air travel, and potassium instantly takes away the cramps. I use maybe 100mg if that of potassium chloride.

It is REALLY important to consume a lot of sea salt, and some magnesium.

You'll get the hang of this. It's important to see the connection and then you can fix things over a few days. Carbdodger has it right. Salt your food with potassium chloride for a few days. You should start feeling better in MINUTES after consuming some potassium.

Comment

its worth pointing out depleted potassium can kill you just as easily.
          There is an minimum obligatory kidney excretion of about 200 mg per day in urine and its also lost in sweat. The more you pee the more it increases the loss, it also lost in watery stools.
          if you aren't replacing it you can over a few weeks fall under normal blood levels then symptoms occur
          you need to to consume more dietary potassium, most is in vegetables- spinach is really good and low carb; of the proteins salmon and tuna are both good. there's very little in meat.
          Last edited by CarbDodger; 06-02-2013, 09:45 AM.
          When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
          27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
          new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Originally posted by loafingcactus View Post
            You've tried various things; it hasn't worked. You really need to see your doctor. The chances of doc being able to give you good food advice are about zero, but doc will be able to rule out possible other causes of your symptoms. There are many conditions that can cause these symptoms, including many conditions that can cause hyponatremia. One of the biggest dangers associated with non-standard medical care is the delay in standard medical care when it is needed.
            +1

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Comment

Working...
            X