Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best foods to break a fast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best foods to break a fast?

    I am curious what your best, favorite, clean foods to break a fast. I am sort of experimenting with intermittent fasting as helping out with a weightless plateau and maybe a quick jump back on the wagon after a weekend being social. (Maybe a second question: what to do when all your friends are skinny Pizza Hut addicts).
    Last edited by RittenRemedy; 07-12-2013, 05:51 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Maybe a second question: what to do when all your friends are skinny Pizza Hut patrons.
    Stand firm on your ground if you think you are right to be different.

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't know. Get a salad when you're there? I'm sure they serve salads. Haven't been to a Pizza Hut in ages though.

      I tend to break my fast with bananas and a spoonful of sun butter or almond butter these days. Just something quick to eat the morning after a down day and before crossfit. I'm doing JUDDD and haven't worked myself up to a full water fast yet. So far, I've gotten down to 200-300 calories on down days.

      My journal

      Comment


      • #4
        I actually really like this. Considering I left the door wide open to thread jacking. I don't really care anymore when they get offended because I don't eat their food, but day trips to Seoul are definitely hard. It's literally been "where do we want to eat" "Mc Donald's" "Mc Donald's" "Mc Donald's" "Lotteria (korean Mc Donald's)" "Uhhhhhmm."

        Which, I guess is where IF comes in.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
          I actually really like this. Considering I left the door wide open to thread jacking. I don't really care anymore when they get offended because I don't eat their food, but day trips to Seoul are definitely hard. It's literally been "where do we want to eat" "Mc Donald's" "Mc Donald's" "Mc Donald's" "Lotteria (korean Mc Donald's)" "Uhhhhhmm."

          Which, I guess is where IF comes in.
          Seriously? Wow, the food in Seoul is great. Why would you eat at a McDonalds? Grab chicken on a stick from a street vendor? Then you have an excuse not to be hungry when you get to McD's.

          Comment


          • #6
            I KNOW RIGHT? I seriously need more foodie friends... I think the places I've eaten in Seoul to eat are Lotteria (just to try the bulgogi burger. It was disgusting), a pub which was awesome, and a pizza place in the station (also pretty disgusting). Although I have been to a few more bars... A few...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
              I KNOW RIGHT? I seriously need more foodie friends... I think the places I've eaten in Seoul to eat are Lotteria (just to try the bulgogi burger. It was disgusting), a pub which was awesome, and a pizza place in the station (also pretty disgusting). Although I have been to a few more bars... A few...
              It's been about 8 years since I was there, but if you ever want good beer/decent European food (as a break from the great Korean food aka not Lotteria) check out Castle Praha - Czech microbrewery/restaurant. It was great back in the day.

              link - showing as a question mark for some reason, but eh, click it, it works.... ?

              huh...seems like they have expanded since last I was there. Nice.

              Comment


              • #8
                You had me at "real beer."

                Lucky me I have a friend who loves beer and definitely needs to get out more.

                Comment

                Working...
                X