Where do I get fats from?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    -You're ahead of the game of most teenagers in terms of health awareness - even if you're doing now is unhealthy, you're on the path to find out what is healthy.
    I agree with this. You are way ahead. Plus, a diet of lean meat, fruit, and veggies isn't all that bad. You may prefer a higher fat diet, but meat, fruit, and veggies are still way better than candy bars, potato chips, and top ramen, which is what a lot of people eat. So I think you'll be okay eating mostly lean meat, fruit, and veggies until you're old enough to make your own food decisions.

My journal

Comment

The body needs sugar, not fats. Use coconut oil and steer clear of PUFAs and high fat animal foods if you are trying to lose weight.

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
        The body needs sugar, not fats. Use coconut oil and steer clear of PUFAs and high fat animal foods if you are trying to lose weight.
        Sorry what? Since when is sugar primal? Did I say that I've lost 2kg since I started this diet? (Which is quite an achievement considering that I'm lean and I don't do any exercise, for now).

Comment

Originally posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
          Sorry what? Since when is sugar primal? Did I say that I've lost 2kg since I started this diet? (Which is quite an achievement considering that I'm lean and I don't do any exercise, for now).
          +5
          When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
          27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
          new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

I'm assuming what fiercehunter meant is that the body requires "sugar" (as in glycogen). Anyone doing HIIT like activities or heavy intense strength training will find their performance drastically suffers on veggies and fruits alone.

Starches have their place in the diet for those who require them. If you are sedentary, low carb is perfect for you.

Some of us aren't overweight and looking to lose pound after pound.

Comment

Well dabears, I'm sedentary for now, I plan on doing exercise sometime soon:
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86750.html

Comment

what will your "standard primal workouts" consist of?

Comment

Mainly this:
                  Primal Blueprint Workout Plan: The Basics | Mark's Daily Apple

I don't know too much about the matter...

Comment

Coconut Oil, higher fat meats, cheese, Coconut milk in the can, oils

Comment

Has anyone mentioned avocado yet? Add it to every meal, plus as much olive oil and butter as you can consume without them getting suspicious.
                      Sandra
                      *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Dairy, raw if you can get it, all of it. Coconut Oil and milk. Avacados and nuts. Canned or fresh fish, especially sardines, mackeral, cod, anchovies, tuna, and fish oil.

Being a teenager is hard in itself. Your parents love you. Love yourself and them. Try to make things as easy as possible. Get lots of really good sleep, your body is growning and changing at a tremendous rate. Don't expect your parents to change, that's really unlikely.

I'm trying to picture myself as a rebellion platform. LOL. Ridiculous.
                        "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Well, thanks for all your advice!

And can I store avocado sliced in containers and put it at every meal or it would rot?

Comment

Originally posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
                            Agreed with all you said EatMoveSleep, and my grandparents ate mostly pasta and bread, a lot of carbs at every meal.
                            Yeah different from mine:
                            -All meats with fat
                            -Organ Meat
                            -All veg
                            -Cheese, Milk
                            -Butter, olive oil
                            -Some Fruit, Some nuts
                            -Some Beans & legumes
                            -Some bread, Some rice (No pasta. No processed food, or take sways - didn't exist)
                            -No Sweets (except a small amount of honey, sugar, sweet fruits)
                            -Walked and did physical work, fresh air

Note: most foods ( meats, veg and cheese was home grown).

Low fat (anything) did not exist, fat was NOT cut away but eaten.

Comment

Working...
                            X