Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rojo View Post
    Cali is a city in Colombia.
    And Rojo is a Christian rock band from Mexico.

Your point?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

S.F. Farmers’ Markets: The Full*List | Together In Food

Farmers Markets - Los Angeles Times

Farmers Markets in San Diego - Find locally grown produce: San Diego County Farm Bureau

These are info links on the Farmer's Markets for the three major metropolitan areas of California. That should help get you started. Dunno about where you live but our FMs usually have a lot of interesting stuff in addition to the food e.g. natural skin care products.

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
        Your point?
        Californians don't say "Cali".

Comment

He is right about that, YB. Not that we are going to throw you out of the state if you say that or anything. You will just mark yourself as a tourist but then I'm sure you have accent enough to do that already.

Comment

I got it the first time. I was letting you know I thought you were being pedantic.

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            S.F. Farmers’ Markets: The Full*List | Together In Food

Farmers Markets - Los Angeles Times

Farmers Markets in San Diego - Find locally grown produce: San Diego County Farm Bureau

These are info links on the Farmer's Markets for the three major metropolitan areas of California. That should help get you started. Dunno about where you live but our FMs usually have a lot of interesting stuff in addition to the food e.g. natural skin care products.
            Cheers for the info!
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
              The only "pharmacy" things i would get if i were going back would be tylinol(pain killer)
              why on earth bring tylenol ?
              When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
              27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
              new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Originally posted by serenity View Post
                Surely they have a Neosporin equivalent in the UK?!
                nope, its classed as a clinically insignificant treatment i.e. hardly more effective than using the petroleum jelly base alone. It increases the risk of MRSA in a wound and has won the allergen of the year award for the amount of contact dermatitis it cause.
                Its made up of 3 antibiotic's each of them is available alone here for specific infections. USA comprises its only big market
                When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'

Comment

I'm not sure what to recommend but for variety you could go to Whole Foods, a local co-op, Wal-Mart, and maybe Target, though you won't find much if any good stuff at the big boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbDodger View Post
                    why on earth bring tylenol ?
                    Because its about the only pain killer that has any effect on me. i dont take pain killers often but when I do need them i pretty much have to take 3-4 times the stated dose of anything else i can get in the UK just to get any effect (not recommended)
                    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Er... This Cali girl says Cali all the time, at least on the internet. :P Not in spoken conversations, though.

I wish I could help you with things to buy and take back, but it is a struggle because we don't know what you don't have. :P
                      yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                        If you are a tea drinker be prepared it's difficult to get a decent cup. Most places hand you a 12 oz. cup of hot water and let you choose your tea bag. When I'm traveling I find getting a cup of properly made tea is close to impossible, I usually give up and drink coffee.
                        Come to DC and I'll take you to this amazing place I know...
                        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Camoflauge and hunters orange colored trucker cap from any gas station

Comment

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                            Because its about the only pain killer that has any effect on me. i dont take pain killers often but when I do need them i pretty much have to take 3-4 times the stated dose of anything else i can get in the UK just to get any effect (not recommended)
                            but its just paracetamol (its called acetaminophen in the US but both are identical and consist of N-acetyl-p-aminophenol ) even the equivalent of Tylenol and codeine is available over the counter

Comment

Originally posted by CarbDodger View Post
                              but its just paracetamol (its called acetaminophen in the US but both are identical and consist of N-acetyl-p-aminophenol ) even the equivalent of Tylenol and codeine is available over the counter
                              Really?
                              that's weird cause if I take paracetamol here it does like ... Nothing.
                              Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                                Come to DC and I'll take you to this amazing place I know...
                                That would be lovely, thank you Drumroll.
                                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Working...
                                X