Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love eggs and would die if i became allergic to them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I love eggs and would die if i became allergic to them

    or suddenly had some sort of reaction to them. So after reading a post by mark about possibly abstaining from eggs once in a while, and for me once in a while would be maybe once a week if that, i'm thinking maybe i should heed the advice?

    from what i gathered from the post egg whites are what can cause one develop egg allergies? so continuing to eat the yolks would be fine?

  • #2
    I find I just naturally take a break from eggs every now and then. I go through phases of 6 eggs every day and then I don't eat any for a couple of weeks. Not really a conscious choice, they just don't appeal sometimes.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      I find I just naturally take a break from eggs every now and then. I go through phases of 6 eggs every day and then I don't eat any for a couple of weeks. Not really a conscious choice, they just don't appeal sometimes.
      Me too! After eating 6 eggs a day (& my house smelling like a sewer) my body naturally needs time away from them.. Actually anything I eat everyday makes me sick after a few weeks.. I've noticed I also develop a bit of an allergy from anything in excess

      Comment


      • #4
        I have found recently that if I eat whole eggs I get very lethargic afterwards and my stomach gets a bit nauseous, however when I eat just the whites I am fine. Don't know what that is, but I'm giving up whole eggs for a while.

        Comment


        • #5
          Here's my Egg Sensitivity Experiment.

          Originally posted by Slacker62 View Post
          I have found recently that if I eat whole eggs I get very lethargic afterwards and my stomach gets a bit nauseous, however when I eat just the whites I am fine. Don't know what that is, but I'm giving up whole eggs for a while.
          Too bad we don't live closer. I throw away pints of egg whites.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            I find I just naturally take a break from eggs every now and then. I go through phases of 6 eggs every day and then I don't eat any for a couple of weeks. Not really a conscious choice, they just don't appeal sometimes.
            This! I've never consciously limited any animal or animal product in my diet. I just tend to cycle naturally.

            Comment


            • #7
              This post is quite hilarious for me right now. I eat an obsessive amount of eggs/egg whites. Any combination of 4 Eggs / 10 Egg Whites to 16 Eggs / 20 Egg Whites in a day. I have done this at least for the past 9 months. I have noticed my body seems to not be happy the next day, specifically some bloat and stomach cramps. Perhaps I am building up an allergy or something.

              With that said I will be avoiding eggs for a week to see the difference.

              I also remember Mark posting about eggs and inflammation. He was addressing some study out there that found eggs causing the most inflammation. I believe he couldn't find anything to support such a claim.
              Last edited by TTBlue21; 06-11-2013, 12:13 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I think eggs irritate my stomach & am going to give them a rest for a bit too. I noticed that when I eat eggs my stomach really hurts & I feel nauseous. It's worth a try. Then I want to re-incorporate the yolks. It's unfortunate because eggs are such a cheap meal...
                Aren't we all just works in progress?

                Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by firetiger View Post
                  I think eggs irritate my stomach & am going to give them a rest for a bit too. I noticed that when I eat eggs my stomach really hurts & I feel nauseous. It's worth a try. Then I want to re-incorporate the yolks. It's unfortunate because eggs are such a cheap meal...
                  I used to be a daily reader a few years back and now I just check in every now and again. Long story short, I ran the egg gamut but was eating so clean and still having a certain reaction I could only deduce came from eggs. I cut them out a couple months ago and reaction gone, and, hope this doesn't upset the die hards, I am actually more lean having cut them out and replaced with a BAS for breakfast...or a pound of venison.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    To avoid egg intolerance:
                    First of all don't eat egg whites raw, only the egg yolks. That means cooking the whites till they turn white. Secondly, eat only organic/pasture raised eggs. Third, give it a break for some months (in winther time for instance) every year. Fourth, eat the eggs whole or just the yolks - not only the whites for a prolonged time.
                    Take a walk on the wild side.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ToldUzo View Post
                      To avoid egg intolerance:
                      First of all don't eat egg whites raw, only the egg yolks. That means cooking the whites till they turn white. Secondly, eat only organic/pasture raised eggs. Third, give it a break for some months (in winther time for instance) every year. Fourth, eat the eggs whole or just the yolks - not only the whites for a prolonged time.
                      FWIW, I became sensitive even though I never ate raw egg whites. And I never ate whites alone.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This happened to me! I got a food allergy test (wahoo) only to tell me that EGGS & EGG WHITES are a HUGE problem for me! I find it slightly erroneous because I felt fine on eggs... However, apparently they cause me EXTREME exhaustion. I have a feeling some other foods I am eating are doing the same thing, because I am still tired... However, before I decided to go NO EGG totally, I tested myself to see how I would react and about 2 days after eating the eggs, BAM - I got hit by the exhaustion truck! I think I may try to eat eggs again this weekend though, I miss them so very much!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Gigi, I wonder if eggs from something other than a chicken would cause you the same problems. I like duck eggs and quail eggs too.
                          Might be worth looking into before giving up hope on eggs entirely.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X