Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitamin D side effects - cramps / upset stomach / IBS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, since going primal I've experienced bouts of severe, debilitating cramping in my calf on random mornings, about once a week or once every-other week, but I've attributed it to the Vibrams, exercise, and overall lack of conditioning in my atrophied-sitting-in-a-recliner-with-shod-feet legs. Like any sports-related cramp, the pain usually works itself out in 60-90 seconds.

Comment

calf cramps

Interesting, as I've been experiencing calf cramps at night lately. I've been eating PB-style and taking 5,000 IU of Vitamin D most days for about 3 months now. The calf cramps started about a month ago. I have been eating more protein for about a month, so I suspected that I was cramping up due to a lack of hydration. Just a guess though.

Comment

I was prescribed 5000 units of Vitamin D. I used it for almost a month. I noticed, however, after each use that I felt sick. Sometimes I would become nauseous. Sometimes I'd feel cramping in my abdomen.

I stopped taking it, resuming it two days ago just to see what might happen.

Guess what? Again I was hit with nausea and cramping! It, also, causes me to have diarrhea!

My stomach is in knots at the time of this writing.

TwoDimes

Comment

Originally posted by JESME View Post
          I was prescribed 5000 units of Vitamin D. I used it for almost a month. I noticed, however, after each use that I felt sick. Sometimes I would become nauseous. Sometimes I'd feel cramping in my abdomen.

I stopped taking it, resuming it two days ago just to see what might happen.

Guess what? Again I was hit with nausea and cramping! It, also, causes me to have diarrhea!

My stomach is in knots at the time of this writing.

TwoDimes
          What are the ingredients? Are you taking it with food?
          Depression Lies

Comment

I'd look at potassium and magnesium with muscle cramps... not vitamin d...
            -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
              I'd look at potassium and magnesium with muscle cramps... not vitamin d...
              This.

I use Magnesium oil rubbed on the skin if I start getting cramps (especially in the calve area)
              Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

agree about minerals for the cramping -- magnesium, potassium, sodium, etc.

the stomach upset could be from the d if it's presented in soybean oil or a rancid oil. try a brand like nordic naturals, but get your levels checked too.

as the op is a recovering vegetarian, i'd start on bone broth and fermented foods right away to improve your gut flora and overall health.
                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
                X