No announcement yet.

Two Newbie Questions: VEGGIES and MAYO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've puzzled over the mayo issue, since most are loaded with PUFAs. I just bought some Walden Farms mayo. Not really primal, but it has no calories, so its not really non-primal either. It does contain some egg white.

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty horrible at first until you learn how to adjust to it. Gastroparesis is literally paralysis of the gastrointestinal system, especially the stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by Egerland View Post
        I've puzzled over the mayo issue, since most are loaded with PUFAs. I just bought some Walden Farms mayo. Not really primal, but it has no calories, so its not really non-primal either. It does contain some egg white.
        Has no calories? What's it made out of?

Comment

Ah, just found the Walden Farms mayo ingredients:
          Ingredients: Triple filtered purified water, cellulose fiber, cellulose gum, salt, white vinegar, corn starch, egg white, xanthan gum, beta carotene, egg flavor, mustard, lemon juice, food color, sucralose.
          http://www.carbsmart.com/wfmayo.html

The "Farms" in the name is pretty laughable! Should be "Walden Labs" instead. Corn starch? Sucralose? Cellulose fiber and gum? Ugh. Try making your own mayo, it's easy and can be a great way to add fat into your diet. I make mine with macadamia nut oil, but a quick search on the forums will give you ideas for other fat, such as bacon.

Comment

Haha Walden Labs!

I like how they make sure to mention that the water is "tripple filtered purified water'. Wouldn't want any of that nasty chlorine getting through!
            Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

I can't BELIEVE it! Two other people with GP on the same board? I struggled with it for YEARS and never met anyone outside of a specific GP forum who'd ever even heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by kimmie View Post
                I can't BELIEVE it! Two other people with GP on the same board? I struggled with it for YEARS and never met anyone outside of a specific GP forum who'd ever even heard of it.
                You, too?

Comment

Not anymore, but I struggled with it for YEARS. It was horrible, horrible. I was to the point where they were considering implanting the pacer to improve my quality of life but because nothing else (diabetes, etc) was wrong with me (other than the whole throwing up all the time thing) my insurance wouldn't pay for it. Also the doctor didn't want to do the surgery because I insisted that I wanted to have kids someday and he said that if I became pregnant it would detatch. I went through many meds and many doctors and wasted years of my life.

Every time I went to a GP forum, it was all people who didn't have "functional" GP...which is how I described my situation. I could work, I could eat, I could socialize, etc. I just had to excuse myself to go throw up all the time and I was nauseated or had to take meds for nausea all the time. Everyone on the forums followed the bland diets (full of carbs and crap) or couldn't eat at all and just had to pour Ensure into their feeding tube. I couldn't relate at all and felt so isolated - I think that was one of the worst parts.

Now I'm happy and healthy (if 20 lbs overweight - but I'm working on that) and the proud mom of a two year old. And I never throw up! I still marvel every time I sit down to eat a salad. For years, I craved salads but they were the absolute worst possible thing I could have eaten with my GP. Now I have one for lunch almost every day.

What's your GP story? Do you still struggle with it? If not, what caused yours to resolve?

Comment

I still struggle with it. From your story, I guess I have "funtional" GP, but I have become very accustomed to how I can eat and how I shouldn't eat. I only have that awful nauseated "must throw up" feeling once every few weeks or so. For me, eliminating grains, learning not to drink and eat within the same hour, being very careful not to eat raw veggies that aren't chopped very finely, and recognizing when I should simply fast and let my system rest. I eat very, very slowly, and chew my food extremely well. I make mistakes sometimes, but for the most part the PB, while not a panacea, has helped me overcome the worst of the GP effects. Most of the time, I forget I even have it. But it took many years to reach this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X