Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The drug addict look-alike diet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    What is 66 if not old??? Lol! The average male life span is what, 80?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Zach View Post
      What is 66 if not old??? Lol! The average male life span is what, 80?
      76!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Zach View Post
        What is 66 if not old??? Lol! The average male life span is what, 80?
        Maybe being in the smack middle of FL gives me a different perspective on this... I get to see a LOT of old people.
        And FL attracts these more active communities of folks... so maybe I'm missing out on all the 65 yr old people who are sitting around doing nothing acting like they are 80.
        (Though my dad is exactly this age and lives in BF sticks TN, and doesn't either... very muscular and fit, works hard mentally and physically, plays hard on cross country motorcycle rides and solo multi-day kayak river paddles... not "old")

        In their 60's they really aren't "old" they are still running around, doing what they want every single day.
        Going to the gym, staying active and fit... drinking, dating, golfing, dancing, karoke, having crazy key parties. You name it they get up to it.

        The noticeable age and infirmities start to hit around 72-75 or so generally.
        Even then, some don't slow down much... but many do. And the die off starts in noticeably.
        Which mostly means there are lots of women and the guys left have the run of the place.
        It's really a wonderful community to watch and interact with. And I think it's nice that they can be together instead of segregated and expected to stay with their younger family members with whom they have less in common. It keeps them more active and in touch with the world.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

        Comment


        • #34
          Time is an abstract of comprehension and consciousness, so, no one is really old, because age is just one's perception. I stopped paying attention to my real age a while ago, and fight hard to keep my appearance and body looking youthful, instead of matching my age.

          This is how I feel anyway(I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid)
          Make America Great Again

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
            Time is an abstract of comprehension and consciousness, so, no one is really old, because age is just one's perception. I stopped paying attention to my real age a while ago, and fight hard to keep my appearance and body looking youthful, instead of matching my age.

            This is how I feel anyway(I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid)
            But there is still that continuum of time between birth and death. It is a finite thing for better or worse. The machine that you currently inhabit will, without exception, suffer total failure at some point. I only hope that I am around long enough to see the technology that will allow one to switch machines.
            The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by aliphian View Post
              But there is still that continuum of time between birth and death. It is a finite thing for better or worse. The machine that you currently inhabit will, without exception, suffer total failure at some point. I only hope that I am around long enough to see the technology that will allow one to switch machines.
              Maybe, but is there evidence for that?

              “I have never seen evidence that [human bodies] contain any principle of mortality, and in recent years the suspicion that we contain all the equipment needed for perpetual renewal, given the right circumstances, is seeming to be increasingly plausible.”

              I think just because we do die, and we do age, doesn't necessarily mean we have to, given that our own bodies are very capable of regenerating and healing themselves. In the right circumstances, I think immortality could certainly be possible.

              Like you said, though, we just haven't reached that point of discovery yet.
              Make America Great Again

              Comment


              • #37
                Age make the skin less elastic and also the loss of lean tissue will invitable change the appearance of an aging rockstar somehow:

                "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

                - Schopenhauer

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by aliphian View Post
                  This is what I was going to say. Supposedly he ate one apple per day and drank a lot of black coffee + cardio.
                  It was one apple or one can of tuna plus one cup of black coffee - about 55 to 260 calories a day.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Google Christian Bale's diet for "the machinist"

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                      Yeah, while he kicked the hard stuff I suspect that the alcohol and smokes didn't do him any favors.
                      But still... Love Iggy.
                      Thanks for posting that Cori, I love Tom!
                      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        My process with Sisson and other paleo folks is that they look younger than their CW peers. The vegetarians whom I have seen over the years who are the same age tend to be thinner and less muscular. Sometimes more aged, sometimes not.

                        I think this is because of a difference in perception of exercise. In my vegetarian years, most vegetarians were into long-slow (walking, hiking, slow swimming), and some of them were into long distance running and cycling. it's just the culture.

                        Whereas in paleo circles, the exercise is more about muscle mass and body weight and weight training. Long slow -- but really slow and rather rare (hiking or long walks).

                        And so i think it might be the exercise -- not hte food per se -- that does the trick.

                        Ie, people speculate (and perhaps mark has said so) that his years as a distance runner is what aged him.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                          Ie, people speculate (and perhaps mark has said so) that his years as a distance runner is what aged him.
                          Plus sun damage plays a huge part in making the face look older.

                          My dad is 65, seems more like middle aged now than 60's used to.
                          His dad died at 59 when I was little, and pictures of him show what looks to me like a man in his 80's or 90's. But then they lived very different lives, after WW2 my grandad was a prize fighter, strongman, turned alcoholic chain smoker and gambling addict, and died riddled with cancer. Also, he had been bald from the age of 21, so always looked older than he was, whereas dad still has his hair.

                          Although my dad has worked hard in a manual trade all his life, he only drinks moderately and never smoked). Physically and mentally he's doing very well, facially lots of sun damage as he still surfs regularly as well as trains a kids surf life saving club.
                          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                          Originally posted by tfarny
                          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            As for the example of the raw vegan being a successful "elite athlete", I've struggled to find anything that backs that up. In fact, there seems to be a lot of conflict on Aussie cycling forums about him exaggerating the level of races he competes in, especially when he finishes well.
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                            Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              The sun is a big one... as this image can clearly show.


                              That is not photoshopped.
                              It's from the New England Journal of Medicine. Dude was a truck driver for almost 30 yrs. with the left side of his face being exposed to sun while the rest was more protected.
                              Amazing difference in the aging from one side to the other.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                                My process with Sisson and other paleo folks is that they look younger than their CW peers. The vegetarians whom I have seen over the years who are the same age tend to be thinner and less muscular. Sometimes more aged, sometimes not.

                                I think this is because of a difference in perception of exercise. In my vegetarian years, most vegetarians were into long-slow (walking, hiking, slow swimming), and some of them were into long distance running and cycling. it's just the culture.

                                Whereas in paleo circles, the exercise is more about muscle mass and body weight and weight training. Long slow -- but really slow and rather rare (hiking or long walks).

                                And so i think it might be the exercise -- not hte food per se -- that does the trick.

                                Ie, people speculate (and perhaps mark has said so) that his years as a distance runner is what aged him.
                                Don't forget that people have a tendency to enjoy and do more of what they're good at. A vegan has limited potential to grow muscle mass compared with a person who is eating more protein.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X