No announcement yet.

Nothing to gain from wheatgrass juice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing to gain from wheatgrass juice?

I did a search on this forum and did not find much on the subject. Anyhow I just wanted to know if there was an official thumbs up or down with it. I've tried the stuff, lets just say I would not be sad if it was a thumbs down on it.

What was it that you hoped to gain? Any benefit (real or not) can probably be realized in a way that doesn't involve a grass... unless it's after something has already eaten it.

Comment

It's a grass. Humans are not evolved to eat grasses. 'Nuff said.
      Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

humans evolved to smoke grass...not eat it. LOL
        Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

Back in the days when I wanted to be part of the healthy crow, I took it as a shoot a few times and every time it made me throw up. Same with soy milk. Every single time.
          M

Comment

LOL athena, i neeed a smile today, good job!
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the input. I never liked the taste of the stuff. I just wondered as maybe Grok got an occasional hit of wheat grass by eating the guts of animals.

Comment

Originally posted by MeatMe216 View Post
                LOL athena, i neeed a smile today, good job!
                Glad to help!! :-D
                Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

Good. I have a bottle of wheat grass extract tablets lurking somewhere (never could quite get myself to try taking them.)

Now I can find it and compost the contents. It probably will do little harm in a compost pile, which can't vomit.

Comment

I tried some shots of wheatgrass a few years back. There was something very unnatural about it and I wanted to hurl afterwards. Just say no to wheatgrass!
                    I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

Desertland, I'm sure that Grok probably did get some par-digested wheatgrass from time to time. There is probably some HG rule of thumb for what point of ruminant's digestive tract is good to eat from, and you could probably research that. After all, I've heard tale of shaman who watch reindeer to see when they eat certain hallucinogens so they can drink the deer's urine once the hallucinogens have been metabolized and are safe for human consumption. So there's probably a lot of information out there. You can check it out to see how it's done if you want to try it. I, however, will not.

I'm not claiming to be a wheatgrass expert, but it seems that the reasoning behind the initial supplementation of wheatgrass in humans came from someone who noticed that unhealthy hens were restored to good health and excellent egg production numbers. To my thinking, that's almost like saying, "Those kuala seem healthy. Think I'll try some eucalyptus leaves." Most of the claimed benefits of wheatgrass are probably due to the chlorophyl. I'd suggest leafy greens as a tastier alternative.

Comment

The main reason I asked was I have an Omega 8003 Juicer and the only reason I could see to keep it was if there was some real reason wheat grass juice was a true help to health and not some silly fad. I'm more then happy to sell it off as I don't do juice and make room for coconut oil, roasted sesame oil, .. on and on..

Comment

A while back I looked it up and it was thumbs down - nothing you can't get from an equivalent serve of any other green veggie. Complete waste of time.

Comment

You know how dogs will chew on grass when they're sick to help them barf up? That's my opinion of wheatgrass. GAGG!

Comment

I tried it once... could not keep it down.
                              Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
                              Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
                              I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Comment

Working...
                              X