Appropriate caloric intake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appropriate caloric intake

I'm trying to determine about how many calories are appropriate for me to eat to help determine how many carbs, fat, protein, etc. I should eat. I'm a 20-year old male, 6'2" and ~160lbs, moderately active - currently Crossfit 2-3 days per week and ~30-40 minutes of biking, walking or running on other days. Besides that I'm fairly sedentary. Somedays I eat ~2000-2200 calories, with about 60-100g of carbs and varied protein and fat for the remainder, but other days I get an urge to eat more than that (which can end up leading to a lot more food before I feel full).

Seems like you're doing alright. On crossfit days you might want to be eating a bit more than other days but you probably already know that.

You can't gain muscle without putting on at least a little bit of fat, so keep that in mind. When you've reached where you want to be strength and muscle-wise, you can go back and focus on dialing things like diet in a bit more strictly.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

What is your protein and fat intake?

Comment

2000 calories seems a little low for someone who is 6'2'' and 20 years old, but if you're energy is fine then it's probably the right amount for you.
        http://nickburgraff.com/

Comment

Working...
        X