Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cholesterol test results (and hs c-reactive protein)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

innit just.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
      So all your ratios are fine, although you do have moderately high triglycerides, which can be reduced by lowering carbs.
      American doctors consider trigs >300 high. 122 isn't high at all. I'm not sure why you think lowering carbs would reduce triglycerides. Triglyceride is fat in your bloodstream. If you want to elevate triglycerides, then elevate free fatty acids in your blood. A great way to raise triglycerides is to drop carbohydrate low and maintain a caloric deficit. This forces free fatty acids into the bloodstream. Elevating carbs should lower the triglycerides since you'll be burning more glucose in lieu of fat, meaning less FFA's in your blood.
      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
        American doctors consider trigs >300 high. 122 isn't high at all. I'm not sure why you think lowering carbs would reduce triglycerides. Triglyceride is fat in your bloodstream. If you want to elevate triglycerides, then elevate free fatty acids in your blood. A great way to raise triglycerides is to drop carbohydrate low and maintain a caloric deficit. This forces free fatty acids into the bloodstream. Elevating carbs should lower the triglycerides since you'll be burning more glucose in lieu of fat, meaning less FFA's in your blood.
        You're right that 122 isn't a particularly high level of trigs. And trigs is fat in your bloodstream. On pretty much everything else, which we've already discussed before on this forum, you're completely wrong. I have no desire to rehash the same tired points with you, since you've already demonstrated the complete inability to change your position when presented with facts that refute your position. You just go silent that then pop up a few months later in your same initial position.

I'm basically replying so that the OP doesn't think that your post is correct.
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
          You're right that 122 isn't a particularly high level of trigs. And trigs is fat in your bloodstream. On pretty much everything else, which we've already discussed before on this forum, you're completely wrong. I have no desire to rehash the same tired points with you, since you've already demonstrated the complete inability to change your position when presented with facts that refute your position. You just go silent that then pop up a few months later in your same initial position.

I'm basically replying so that the OP doesn't think that your post is correct.
          So your stance is that you don't have any actual facts to support your claim and rather it is simply a belief system?
          Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
            You can temporarily elevate your triglycerides when you release fatty acids into your blood stream. But this happens on ANY diet that causes weight loss because your body is forced to dip into accumulated body fat to make up energy deficits that it's not getting from the food you're eating. Thus, triglycerides are released into the blood stream for energy and levels go up.

But as soon as you reach maintenance stage this stops because now you're eating enough to maintain weight and not dipping into body fat stores for energy reserves.

In addition, temporarily elevated triglycerides from a high fat meal should not be an issue. Once they are used for energy, your triglyceride levels drop quite a bit. This is normal and healthy. The only problem with triglycerides is when the level is consistently high and elevated. This is seen in modern SAD eaters because they consume high glycemic foods like white bread, white pasta, sugar, flour, etc. which turn to fat (especially when in a state of caloric excess which is not so uncommon these days). You therefore have these fatty acids flowing around the blood stream before your body absorbs them as body fat.

This is especially true when you are eating five to six meals a day as advocated by conventional dietary wisdom. If you are constantly eating, there is no time for your body to absorb these fats before the next load is created and your levels stay constantly elevated.
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Working...
            X