managed to make myself sick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
    "Modified Cornflour" or "Modified Cornstarch" means HFCS in the U.S.
    They are not the same.

Comment

The Wikidpedia entries for "corn starch," "High fructose corn syrup" and "modified starch" are downright frightening.
      They use corn starch to make corn syrup. Then they modify corn syrup to make high fructose corn syrup.
      Or they modify the starch directly into an anti-caking powder which substitutes for fats. It shows up in cheap yogurt and ice cream all the time. Even before I went primal I couldn't stand the texture.
      5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

I too looked at Wiki- I doubted it but am glad I checked and didn't dismiss it. I was shocked myself ; I avoid HFCS and had no idea that modified starch was just a sneaky way to disguise it.
        Whatever went on in that odd event yesterday evening left me with a histamine, I came out in a rash and a runny nose in the night. Feel a bit better after some piriton
        When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
        27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
        new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Working...
        X