Young female, cutting hard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young female, cutting hard

24 years old, female, 5'9, 135 lbs. I'm already lean, but looking to get extremely cut over the next few weeks (or months) for a fitness photo shoot.

Here's what I'm eating. Open to any suggestions/critiques.
    - One serving egg white protein (Jay Robb brand. 120 calories, almost all of it protein, no sugar.)
    - 1/4 cup macadamia butter OR 50g baking chocolate
    - 1 lb ground meat (either grass fed beef, or turkey/chicken with added fat in the form of butter/ghee/olive oil)
    - 1 avocado
    - pile of kale, cabbage, or some other green.

Activity: lots of walking, lifting twice a week, sprinting twice a week.

I'd drop the nut butter, and cut the protein a little, since your goal is semi-starvation. Otherwise, looks good. Almost steak and eggs. :P
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      I'd drop the nut butter, and cut the protein a little, since your goal is semi-starvation. Otherwise, looks good. Almost steak and eggs. :P
      I was just going to suggest the good ole steak and eggs!

And I can't believe none if you guys has suggested photos may help you give better advice ;-)
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Close to the photoshoot, would you do some kind of MMA-esque weight cut (water, etc.)? Just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by jujeki View Post
          Close to the photoshoot, would you do some kind of MMA-esque weight cut (water, etc.)? Just wondering
          There's some info http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ad.php?t=76139here about that kinda thing, both how to do it and how you're going to feel and be able to function during.

From other forum members who know of this guy it sounds like he'd already done a cut to get to his starting weight, but the description of how he cut during the experiment sounds legit.

However, do you want to turn up for your shoot feeling exhausted and deplete
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
            Just curious -- why cut the nut butter if you think I should raise fat and reduce protein? The macadamia butter is pure fat essentially.

I'm curious what the ideal macro ratio would be for leanness... I know the goal of primal eating is robust strength rather than skinny-ness, but I'm really shooting for simple leanness rather than strength.

Comment

Originally posted by ForgotMyOldUsername View Post
              Just curious -- why cut the nut butter if you think I should raise fat and reduce protein? The macadamia butter is pure fat essentially.

I'm curious what the ideal macro ratio would be for leanness... I know the goal of primal eating is robust strength rather than skinny-ness, but I'm really shooting for simple leanness rather than strength.
              My macros are around 65/20/15 F/P/C and I am getting pretty lean without much effort.
              The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

I'm just chipping in to say that I am surprised that nobody has mentioned IFing as a useful tool for cutting by now.
                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                  I'm just chipping in to say that I am surprised that nobody has mentioned IFing as a useful tool for cutting by now.
                  Thanks for the input -- I'm a huge fan of IFing already actually! It's great to not have to think about food at all for half of the day.

So can I assume that the baking chocolate can stay, and the mac nut butter should go?

Comment

have you looked in to the methodology that is already in place for this sort of thing? I mean, those methods are already tried and true. you could just fine tune them with paleo food substitutions. I wouldn't try to re-invent the wheel at this point in time.

and please, this thread is useless without pics.

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                      have you looked in to the methodology that is already in place for this sort of thing? I mean, those methods are already tried and true. you could just fine tune them with paleo food substitutions. I wouldn't try to re-invent the wheel at this point in time.

and please, this thread is useless without pics.
                      Haha I'll take some pics and post soon. and what methods are you referring to? Leangains? Calorie counting?

Comment

Originally posted by ForgotMyOldUsername View Post
                        Haha I'll take some pics and post soon. and what methods are you referring to? Leangains? Calorie counting?
                        i was just thinking of the old-fashioned way of calorie counting, timing of meals and macro ratios during certain meals, and lots of cardio. it isn't the healthiest thing for your body, but on the short term it really works. also learning how to manipulate your water percentage with sodium and carbohydrates is crucial right before a shoot. for someone like you who is tall and fairly lean (based on your stats), the very last few vanity lbs are the toughest to get rid of. bodybuilders, fitness models, bikini competitors all tend to utilize these methods to get that "picture perfect" look. you could do some more research in to that sort of stuff on some bodybuilding forums, etc. you might be able to get on a specific schedule of what to do 8 weeks out, 7 weeks out, 6 weeks out, etc... from people who've done it a million times before.

Comment

Before primal, I used to lurk on bodybuilding forums to pick up snippets of nutritional info... most of them definitely don't do high-fat. It's all egg whites, canned tuna, oatmeal, and cottage cheese. Ever after many happy months of being paleo, I've never been able to reconcile how those bodybuilding types get lean while favoring carbs over fats, which is practically blasphemous in the paleo community. Makes me wonder whether CICO really IS king...

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalStudent View Post
                            Before primal, I used to lurk on bodybuilding forums to pick up snippets of nutritional info... most of them definitely don't do high-fat. It's all egg whites, canned tuna, oatmeal, and cottage cheese.

Wow. Must've been a quite a while, then... no way you'd be catching that crap on BB forums nowadays.

IIFYM
                            Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                            https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                            MFP Food Diary:
                            http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                            (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalStudent View Post
                              Before primal, I used to lurk on bodybuilding forums to pick up snippets of nutritional info... most of them definitely don't do high-fat. It's all egg whites, canned tuna, oatmeal, and cottage cheese. Ever after many happy months of being paleo, I've never been able to reconcile how those bodybuilding types get lean while favoring carbs over fats, which is practically blasphemous in the paleo community. Makes me wonder whether CICO really IS king...
                              It has to do with extreme motivation. Any diet you can stick to will lose you the weight, as long as you are in deficit and your metabolism is not broken.

Comment

Working...
                              X