No announcement yet.

Young female, cutting hard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of curiosity I googled this after your post and found this.

Seems as though she starts this 8 weeks out. 8 weeks of eating the same thing each day. She mentioned she got to 4.5% BF on it though, so if that is your goal - its only 8 weeks I guess... :/

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalStudent View Post
      Before primal, I used to lurk on bodybuilding forums to pick up snippets of nutritional info... most of them definitely don't do high-fat. It's all egg whites, canned tuna, oatmeal, and cottage cheese. Ever after many happy months of being paleo, I've never been able to reconcile how those bodybuilding types get lean while favoring carbs over fats, which is practically blasphemous in the paleo community. Makes me wonder whether CICO really IS king...
      High fat is great because it curbs cravings for sweet foods and blunts appetite quite a bit. This is extremely useful those trying to IF, count calories, and lean out. Any diet that produces a deficit of calories will lead to weightloss however. Key word being "weightloss" though, not necessarily "fat loss."

Of course, because most of them are lifting five to six times a week, they will naturally convert more of it to muscle than the majority of folks simply doing the heavy cardio, low fat, high carb routine with no lifting. The lifting alone will account for a fair amount of their tendency to be leaner than the rest of folks.

The constantly high levels of carbs may not be good for longer-term health (debate still rages on that one though), and may not be sustainable in the long term, but in the short term at least, they can produce the results they are trying to achieve. If you're thinking in the short-term mindset over the longer-term "healthy living for a long life" however, you may be suffering later on down the road, even if you're thriving now.

Oh, and old-school lifters from the '50s used to rock the high fat thing. They'd bulk on things like heavy cream and raw eggs or even just plain ol' whole milk. These days carbs are more used for bulking and producing caloric excess because people fear the fat now more than ever before.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by lorichka6 View Post
        Out of curiosity I googled this after your post and found this.

Seems as though she starts this 8 weeks out. 8 weeks of eating the same thing each day. She mentioned she got to 4.5% BF on it though, so if that is your goal - its only 8 weeks I guess... :/
        I have a friend who does comps... and of course some of the ladies set similar extreme goals (she isn't in that group) I have seen some of them struggling not to collapse during comps. This level of cutting is seriously HARSH and not to be taken lightly, especially for women.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Starting 2 to 3 days before your photo shoot, go low fat and 0 carbs. Tuna and water only. Not healthy but if want to have that real cut look this will do it.
          Last edited by canuck416; 05-25-2013, 11:08 AM.
          Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
            I have a friend who does comps... and of course some of the ladies set similar extreme goals (she isn't in that group) I have seen some of them struggling not to collapse during comps. This level of cutting is seriously HARSH and not to be taken lightly, especially for women.
            She mentioned in an interview about this programming that she usually works out without a coach, but in the weeks leading up to competition she needs a coach there since she is too weak/unmotivated to train on her own anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by lorichka6 View Post
              She mentioned in an interview about this programming that she usually works out without a coach, but in the weeks leading up to competition she needs a coach there since she is too weak/unmotivated to train on her own anymore...
              Doesn't sound ideal if you actually need to do anything "fitness" orientated at the photo shoot, ok if you just need to stand there and look lean though I guess.
              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

I would assume, since this is a photo shoot, she'd be fine hobbling in on crutches. :P
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                X