Carb distribution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb distribution

Can you consume like 80 percent of your carbs in your post workout meal? is that unhealthy?

Thanks!

What time of the day is your post-workout meal? Better in the evening than the morning.

Comment

No, whatever 80% is.

Comment

It's not unhealthy.

It's used as a way of manipulating your hormones. In this case you want your insulin to go up because it allows for better anabolism and, thus, quicker muscle growth.

If you have a lot of fat (body or visceral) to lose, you may not want to over do the carbohydrates, but cycling your carb intake around your workouts is pretty damned smart.
        People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

depends on how many grams of carbs you are eating. if you eat 100 grams a day, then 80 grams post workout is do-able. if you eat 400 grams daily, then i'd shy away from trying to consume 320 grams of carbs in 1 sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
            depends on how many grams of carbs you are eating. if you eat 100 grams a day, then 80 grams post workout is do-able. if you eat 400 grams daily, then i'd shy away from trying to consume 320 grams of carbs in 1 sitting.
            LOL - yeah, that would be sorta tough.

I keep forgetting that common sense isn't as common as I hope it would be. No offense to the OP, but ya never know. Thanks notr.
            People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarianVX View Post
              LOL - yeah, that would be sorta tough.

I keep forgetting that common sense isn't as common as I hope it would be. No offense to the OP, but ya never know. Thanks notr.
              That's why I've started referring to common sense as uncommon sense.

Comment

Working...
              X